Recent dining disappointment (Monarch)

SpeedGeek

My guess is the guys are looking for some "hot" company and that older folks just dont fill the bill. I am almost 50, so there is no offence in that at all! I suggest looking into a singles cruise maybe? Otherwise, dont be shy and let your needs be known. You should not have been over looked in any shape or form.

My guess is the guys are looking for some "hot" company and that older folks just dont fill the bill. I am almost 50, so there is no offence in that at all! I suggest looking into a singles cruise maybe? Otherwise, dont be shy and let your needs be known. You should not have been over looked in any shape or form.

Then they missed out by just one day;)

The 3-nighter was a non-stop booze and buns party. There was enough silicone on the pool deck to re-float the ship;)

• 3 months later...
One moment... *dons flame retardant suit*

At our first dinner, my friend and I are seated with two married couples (we're both single guys). This wouldn't seem too terrible, but one couple was 10 years older than us, and the other about 35 years older. Conversation about ourselves just seemed strained since we were all in different stages of life. On the cruise in August, a friend and I were seated with a mother, grandmother, and two young children. It seems to me that since RCCL specifically asks for ages in reservations that they could try to more adequately seat similar people. Just an observation.

Am I being too picky?

I'm a little late with this answer, but you aren't a picky cruiser. You and I are MANY years apart and you got along fine with me and my teenaged daughter on our August cruise. Strange about your dinner seating, though. Grace and I were doing a mom/kid cruise and we were seated with two other moms and each had one teenage kid with them. Excellent job of picking table mates for us.

As for the wine, I can't help you there, I always order by the bottle.

Give it another try and if the food is slow again, request a different table. You're becoming quite a loyal Monarch passenger, they'll help you out.

Archived