Room Question Radiance of the Seas

gpg306

I have just received my room assignment for our January 2011 cruise. I could not resist the cheaper rate and took a gamble on a guarantee balcony. The room number is 1512 on deck ten. I would appreciate any info on this room. We were on the Jewell twice but interior both times. Thanks for the help.

I have just received my room assignment for our January 2011 cruise. I could not resist the cheaper rate and took a gamble on a guarantee balcony. The room number is 1512 on deck ten. I would appreciate any info on this room. We were on the Jewell twice but interior both times. Thanks for the help.

It's an E2 and location looks nice for a guarantee rate. Looks like you did good.

You are on deck ten in an "E" level balcony on the starboard side near the front of the ship. Nothing below you except cabins. Above you is the spa. It looks like you are under the hair salon (but I'm not sure - the deck plans are not to scale).

As long as the sound of the cut hair hitting the floor (which would be your ceiling) doesn't bother you, you should be okay.

If you rather be more mid-ship call up and ask to change to Cabin #8106, it's the same category you were given. They will sometimes let you move even though you booked a guarantee.

Have done it many times.

Jimbo:)

If you rather be more mid-ship call up and ask to change to Cabin #8106, it's the same category you were given. They will sometimes let you move even though you booked a guarantee.

Have done it many times.

Jimbo:)

Sure! Why accept the cabin you were assigned as your guarantee balcony? After all maybe someone else would be willing to pay more than you did and actually pick that cabin you were assigned! (Why encourage people to game the system? If you want to pick your cabin out of all those available don't book the less expensive guarantee. That's not the way it's supposed to work -- no matter how many times you have done it.)

OK, just call me a guilty gamer.... ;):p:D. We were upgraded on B2B but not into same cabin. So ungreatful customer that I am, I checked the available cabins for both legs of B2B and found a cabin that was available for both cruises. Called RCI and asked if I could be changed to that cabin so I would not have to move between cruises. And they took care of it for me. I assumed that if RCI was good with the change then I was good with it as well.....:)

OK, just call me a guilty gamer.... ;):p:D. We were upgraded on B2B but not into same cabin. So ungreatful customer that I am, I checked the available cabins for both legs of B2B and found a cabin that was available for both cruises. Called RCI and asked if I could be changed to that cabin so I would not have to move between cruises. And they took care of it for me. I assumed that if RCI was good with the change then I was good with it as well.....:)

I don't see anything wrong with that. It makes perfect sense not to have to pack and move to another cabin in between and it had nothing to do with a guarantee assignment. More power to you, IMHO and I'm happy RCI was able to accomodate you in the same cabin.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It makes perfect sense not to have to pack and move to another cabin in between and it had nothing to do with a guarantee assignment. More power to you, IMHO and I'm happy RCI was able to accomodate you in the same cabin.

Well, actually it did. It was an assignment for a guarantee cabin. I booked a Guarantee JS and was assigned a GS. Then I asked to change that assignment to another GS that was available - just as Jimbo suggested. It was here on CC that I learned you could request to have your guarantee assignment changed. :)

Well, actually it did. It was an assignment for a guarantee cabin. I booked a Guarantee JS and was assigned a GS. Then I asked to change that assignment to another GS that was available - just as Jimbo suggested. It was here on CC that I learned you could request to have your guarantee assignment changed. :)

Oh yes. Now I remember you.

Archived