Shareholding in Carnival

kloegel

Where do I get information about share holding on Carnival and their benefits for cruisers.

Cheers

Click this link... it will take you to the Investor Relations info:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

You need to have a PDF file reader to open the link.

I just purchased 100 shares, and have already received a $250 OBC on my cruise next month!! not bad at all..

Lets say I buy these shares tomorrow and my next cruise starts on mid Nov. 2010. Can I take the purchase copy with me to the purser desk on the ship?

I believe you must submit the request in advance.

The links provided give instructions for requesting the credit. You can do in by mail, fax or email.

You must fax a request to:

Liza B McDaniels, Yield Management

Fax 661-753-0180

With a copy of your most recent shareholders statement

sail date, Ship, Booking #, Voyage #, Cabin,

I also ask for confirmation by email (so enclose your email addy) usually takes 1-3 days

The fax number has changed. It is now 661 753 0151

You can also email the same info to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

or mail it to

Princess Cruises

Yield Management

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Lets say I buy these shares tomorrow and my next cruise starts on mid Nov. 2010. Can I take the purchase copy with me to the purser desk on the ship?

No, you can't just take your proof of shareholder credit to the ship with you and receive the credit, this must be done before your cruise (as instucted by others previously). ;)

You must fax a request to:

Liza B McDaniels, Yield Management

Fax 661-753-0180

With a copy of your most recent shareholders statement

sail date, Ship, Booking #, Voyage #, Cabin,

I also ask for confirmation by email (so enclose your email addy) usually takes 1-3 days

The fax number has changed. It is now 661 753 0151

You can also email the same info to shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

or mail it to

Princess Cruises

Yield Management

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Lisa no longer handles this and if you address your request to her, it might be delayed or lost. See Paul's post above.

I sent my request to Liza 2 weeks ago and she processed it within two days - she didn't say anything about sending it anywhere else.

I believe that Liza is still handling the Shareholder OBC requests. I think they just changed to a generic email address to simplify things if she is on vacation or leaves that position.

Liza is still the contact. I don't remember which fax number I used, but I sent it a week ago on Thursday, I believe. By last Monday, I hadn't gotten the requested e-mail confirmation, though I provided two e-mail addresses.

I called her and got a voicemail saying she was on vacation. I waited 'til her return date last week and called again, leaving the message that I hadn't received the e-mail confirmation.

She returned the call with a message asking for my booking number and then called back saying it had been processed.

Now, here's the kicker: When I asked her to e-mail a confirmation so I had something in writing, she said that is no longer done when someone books with a travel agent rather than directly with Princess. The confirmation is sent to the agent, rather than the passenger.

Not only that, but the shareholder credit no longer shows up on the Princess site. In the past, as recently as June, I was able to verify that the credit was posted by checking online.

I think this change is a BIG mistake. As I told Liza, she's going to get a lot of phone calls from people who are expecting an e-mail and a posting on Princess Web site.

Frankly, why should my travel agent need to know about my stock investments. The shareholder credit is ONBOARD credit, not something that needs to be deducted from the cost of the trip.

If I CHOOSE to tell someone I own Carnival stock, that's my business. I don't particularly appreciate the cruise company revealing what I view as personal information.

I purchased stock and within 4 days had my OBC.

As a side note, the stock has been performing excellently recently in price. They declared another 0.10/share dividend yesterday.

Lisa's team is also processing the OBC for US military who get the shareholder benefit, so the turnaround time may be an extra day or two.

If you email, you get a confirmation; better than fax IMHO.

We just received the Military OBC for our Feb 2011 cruise - what an excellent benefit from Princess.

We also own stock and will submit that paperwork after final payment.

My question: Can you get both of these OBC's for the same cruise? Seems like they are different benefits and should both apply, but just wondered?

Any thoughts??

Thanks

We just received the Military OBC for our Feb 2011 cruise - what an excellent benefit from Princess.

My question: Can you get both of these OBC's for the same cruise? Seems like they are different benefits and should both apply, but just wondered?

Any thoughts??

Thanks

The two can not be combined. It is one or the other - this straight from Liza McDaniel. I inquired as I am also entitled to both.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

I agree with the first response to this. You can have the Military credit OR the shareholder credit, but you can't use both on the same cruise.

I believe that Liza is still handling the Shareholder OBC requests. I think they just changed to a generic email address to simplify things if she is on vacation or leaves that position.

I believe this to be the case as well...or it is just a volume thing.

However, now that the Shareholders' Benefit can no longer be seen in My Princess, I think one is better off emailing the the request for the OBC rather than by FAX. With the email you do get a confirmation as with a FAX that is not the case.

I believe this to be the case as well...or it is just a volume thing.

However, now that the Shareholders' Benefit can no longer be seen in My Princess, I think one is better off emailing the the request for the OBC rather than by FAX. With the email you do get a confirmation as with a FAX that is not the case.

Either way, you can request an email confirmation.

Archived