Is there Splenda onboard the CP?

DukeFan1

I know this may seem silly, but what kind of sweetener is on the Caribbean Princess? My wife would hate it if there was just saccharine or Equal, so I will bring our own Splenda if we need it. We are booked for our 30th anniversary next week and I want to make it to 31!

Caribbean Princess is CB.

Here is a thread on the same question. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1284542&highlight=splenda

"CP" is the official two-letter designation for the Sea Princess. As Colo days, the Caribbean Princess is CB. To see the official Princess abbreviations, go to the Princess website > Ships > each ship. The URL will show the abbreviation. This helps identify which ship people are referring to and avoids confusion, particularly since there are three ships starting with the letter "C" in addition to the Sea Princess :)

I know this may seem silly, but what kind of sweetener is on the Caribbean Princess? My wife would hate it if there was just saccharine or Equal, so I will bring our own Splenda if we need it. We are booked for our 30th anniversary next week and I want to make it to 31!

Thanks for all the replies. According to the thread, the yellow packets in the photo look like Splenda but say "Nutrasweet", which is aspartame.

We also use "Splenda" when available. It has been available on every Princess ship we have taken. Sometimes in the Horizon Court, we found that it was not in the bins, but just ask, and they will bring it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Got back yesterday from a nice week on CB. All of the sweetener packets say "Nutrasweet" on the back regardless of packet color. Pink packets, blue packets, and yellow packets all say Nutrasweet (aspartame) on the back. None say Splenda (sucralose) or Sweet N Low (saccharin), even though the packet colors usually designate the type of sweetener. This is a very, very dangerous deception since some people should not be consuming aspartame. I don't know why they feel it necessary to put aspartame in all of those different color packets.

Archived