MTD & sharing a table with fellow cruisers?

I am thinking of doing MTD on my upcoming Mariner cruise because I think early sitting is too early and late sitting is too late. However, we would like the company of other cruisers during dinner, so I was wondering if you can elect to sit at a large table with others?

I have done MTD in the past when cruising with DH and 2 small kids and have always had a table to ourselves. This next cruise with with my mom & sister and I know we are going to want to dine with fellow cruisers and I'm hoping we can do this with MTD.

Anyone have any experience with this on Mariner or on other ships?

I don't have any experience with MTD to share, but am hoping we'll find something similar to our experience with Princess's "Anytime Dining," where we always had the option of sharing a table or dining on our own (though there was occasionally a wait if we wanted to dine alone...). We really enjoyed meeting a variety of other passengers without being committed to dine with the same tablemates for the entire cruise. Hope it will work that way on RCI!

Agreed. It would be nice to have the option of sharing a table or not. While I understand that many MTDers may not want company, I am sure there are others that do and especially like that they can meet different people every night.

Hopefully more tehre are more respones that have expereince with sharing a table for MTD.

We prefer a 2 top and we always got it, but that said, the 2 tops were so close together that we were able to make friends with another couple on a night we and they wanted to talk. Enough of a separation for privacy but close enough to talk if both parties are interested.

We prefer a 2 top and we always got it, but that said, the 2 tops were so close together that we were able to make friends with another couple on a night we and they wanted to talk. Enough of a separation for privacy but close enough to talk if both parties are interested.

My best friend (my sister) and I cruise together because we live 400 miles apart and always go with MTD because we get a table for 2 but, we feel the same way you do. The tables are close enough where we can enjoy a conversation with our neighboring diners but we can still enjoy our privacy to enjoy talking about things we did throughout the year.

We also think early seating is too early and late is too late. When we last cruised without the kids we opted for MTD. We also wanted to be at a large table. Because it was just the 2 of us, we were not allowed to reserve a large table. However, we had no problem being seated at one when we showed up without reservations. On a 5 night cruise, we sat with 1 couple 4 times, and another couple twice. We hope we have such luck next time.

If you want to be assured of tablemates, do traditional....most MTDer's do NOT want company!

You know, after all this time I would've expected to see the results of your official research on this. Can you please post a link?

OP, ignore her quip. Show up, ask for table to share, others will join you. Not CB, as she will be in traditional, being ASSURED of tablemates.

You know, after all this time I would've expected to see the results of your official research on this. Can you please post a link?

OP, ignore her quip. Show up, ask for table to share, others will join you. Not CB, as she will be in traditional, being ASSURED of tablemates.

Seems I may have hit a sore spot for CB ;)

Anyone else have experience with sharing a table in MTD?

Archived