Can you bring Soda & Water on board

Hi - I am going on the Liberty of the Seas. May I put a few sodas and waters in my checked luggage? Does anyone know RCCl policy on this? Thanks for all the help.

Technicially you are not supposed to bring any on board but I was not stopped hand carrying on a 6 pack of Dr Pepper in Sept but someone who carried on a case of 24 Dr Pepper had it taken. As for a few in your luggage. If they detect the bottles during the scan you may get called to the naughty room to get your luggage as they may think it is liquor. After that it is a crap shoot if they take it or not. I would carry them in my carry on if possible.

RCI is not always consistent as to how they follow policy.

We walk on the ship with water and soda and juice all the time. Also check juice and soda. never in all the years we cruised have we had a problem. In fact, my sis checked a cooler (small one) with soda last weekend and it made it to the cabin just fine.

Hi - I am going on the Liberty of the Seas. May I put a few sodas and waters in my checked luggage? Does anyone know RCCl policy on this? Thanks for all the help.

The policy of RCI is that NO beverage whatsoever is permitted to be brought on board.

Not my policy, it is theirs.

What is enforced, I could not tell you their policy, with the exception they have no consistency whatsoever.

I have always brought on a 12 pack of canned diet pepsi in my carry on pack sack. I have been on over 5 cruises.

One time, the security guard opened up the box to make sure they were in fact canned soda.

I have never had a problem yet. The day I do is the day I will ask if they serve caffeine free soda, because thats what I am bringing on!

We checked in a 12 pack of coke with Carnival last year, where it is legal. When we picked up our luggage from the door one of the cans had burst and was leaking all over everything else. I would carry it from now on.

Just got off the Mariner, was able to take a 12 pack of diet 7up and 5 bottles of water for the week. Went ahead and put those in a gym bag, slapped a luggage tag on it and no problem. Went ahead and reused the water bottles for the shore excursions with the ice water.

:)

We did a carryon full of bottled water, diet soda, juice and juice boxes. This seemed to work out well, but we were trying to drink it all/get rid of the last bit the last few days. Next time, we'll probably just do the bottled water, and drink mix packs to substitute from drinking the tea, fruit punch or lemonade.

• 4 years later...

Generally if a post is this old it is better to do a search for a newer one, or start a new thread, but since you asked there is no change except for two bottles of wine are allowed.

To summarize,

RC's rule is no drinks allowed brought onboard, except for two bottles of wine per room. They normally don't enforce it for non-alcoholic drinks, but they might, especially if you are travelling during spring break or other times where there are more college students than usual. IF you decide to try, carry it on or you might have to make a trip to the naughty room so they can have you open your bag so they can check for alcohol.

We were on Voyager Nov 2011 leaving out of NOLA. Our friends checked a case of bottled water, got a message from the naughty room that it was prohibited and being held until the end of the cruise. We didn't attempt taking any on the Serenade this February out of NOLA because of that. Going back on Serenade in April and just bought drink packages so we don't have to worry with it. We will, however, be bringing our two allowed bottles of wine on board, lol.

All these post are back in 2010. Is anyone know if this is possible now? (2015)

The policy is you are not allowed to bring on any drinks except 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. Like 2010 this is rarely enforced for water/soda/juice

Will be going on the Grandeur out of Baltimore in March. Would like to bring on some bottles of water (ship's water give me the ****s). Cannot even take the coffee or juices that is made with the ship's water. Been on Celebrity and had the problem with ****s. Not fun when you are on a 12-day Baltic cruise.

Been on Carnival many times and have not had any problem with bringing on a 12-pack of water. Hopefully, I will be able to bring on water at Baltimore. How is the port security at Baltimore? Is it port security or Royal's security?