Question about Lumberjack Show

SF

1. Is the lumberjack show in Juneau or Skagway?

2. Do you need to do this with the ship or can you do it yourself? Sometimes excursion are booked up with the ship tours and they don't let you purchase tickets at the entrance. Was wondering if this was the case here.

3. Any info on this show, like how long, was it good, etc... would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The lumberjack show I went to was in Ketchikan. It is a few blocks from where the ship docks.

I wouldn't worry about the show filling up - there are tons of seats. I bought the tickets at the show but it would have been a dollar or so cheaper to buy them through the cruise line because at the show, they added tax to the ticket.

Most of the seats are covered (incase it rains) and there is a heating element at the top of the roof - so if it gets cold, you stay warm in their outdoor theatre.

The show is very cheesey and young kids liked it - here are some pics:

lumberjack show

SF ~

ditto: you do not need to book through your ship. Seating for probably 150 @ each showing.

I have seen the Lumberjack show described as a "canned production"....and I believe that to be a very accurate description.

I saw it ...along with DH and 2 children. It was way overpriced for what we saw. It was worth probably $4 - $5.00 per person, IMHO.

It is a very easy walk from the ship....with lots of shopping opportunities during the walk.

If you're torn between doing the Lunberjack show in Ketchikan or something else, and you live anywhere near Branson, Missouri, you can use your time in Alaska wisely and just go to the Lumberjack show in Branson. They have it dinner theatre style at sunset on Tablerock Lake, just south of Silver Dollar City. I thought it was cute and fun (with the audience participation) given that I didn't go through great expense to get to Branson. If I had gone in Alaska (which does require great expense to visit) I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I know this tip doesn't help much if you live in Seattle or something, but I offer it to the people in the middle of the country.

Coral:

Hi, thanks for the great pictures. The lumberjack show looks like fun but I agree it's kind of on the pricey side. We still don't know what we're going to do but $29.00 for the show per person from the ship is alot. They also have the combo ticket for the show and the totem tour for $60.00. We really don't feel it's worth that. I guess it's back to the net to see what else I can find. Thanks again for replying.

Boo's Mom:

Glad to hear that the stadium has a covered area as it's known to rain quite often there. We were in Ketchikan several years ago and we were lucky to have beautiful weather then so hopefully we will again. Thanks for replying to my post and helping us out with the information.

hooked-on-travel:

Cute screen name! No, I don't live near Branson so we wouldn't be able to view the show there. I'm going to see what other tours are available that we would be interested in that doesn't cost a fortune for three people. We've been to Alaska before so we may just shop and do the totem pole tour. Thanks for the information. :)

I have to decide this week if we are going to leave a deposit on this trip. Guess I'd better continue checking out the net.

Archived