If You Couldn't Cruise On Carnival, What Other Line Would You Choose And Why???

missabbi

I admit to booking a $599 gty on Disney. I did my homework though. I like that they enforce the adults only areas on the ship. At the private beach, is a adults only area where they cook your steak to order.

I also wanted to experience the three revolving MDRs, especially the one that starts black and white and is in color by the time you get off the ship.

Iv heard I would not like Costa because they do a lot of Italian food, like MSC. I dont do Italian, and would be afraid Id go hungry. Id be interested in hearing more responses on Costa though.. maybe I would change my mind.

Good foodies all around..not alll that pasta..many choices.. Beautiful ship, Concordia. We did a TA on Noordam so got a good comparison. The entertainmnet was some of the best ever. Great Med ports. bigggg ship.

I have cruised on Carnival, Royal Carribean, Holland America and NCL. I have no experience with Princess or Celebrity. Just wondering what cruise line others that like Carnival enjoy? :D

In addition to CCL, we've enjoyed three cruises with HAL and will be trying Celebrity for the first time in March.

Been on Carnival, going again in two weeks. Loved it!

However, for our Med cruise next summer we're going with RCCL. The reason is the itinerary. We wanted to go out of Rome so we could have some time there either pre or post cruise. We also wanted a stop at Athens. Carnival's Magic did not do that.

As for the other lines, I only see us on either Carnival or RCCL. I believe in shopping around for prices and can not justify the increase in price for Celebrity or Princess. As for NCL, I prefer not to be nickel and dimed to death. Plus with a special needs DD, I think she will be more accepted on either Carnival or NCCL.

I have cruised 4 Princess, 1 HAL, and 1 RC...and have to say that by far Princess is my favorite.

Doing my first Carnival cruise in 2 weeks

Princess has the best food, but smaller cabins than the other ships (maybe same size as Royal Carribean)...Princess age group runs about early 40s to late 50s....Entertainment is consistently good, and service great..

RC was wonderful (Explorer of the Seas) and actually liked the layout better than that of Princess....did not like the food at all though..entertainment was great, as was service...age group seems to run early 30's to late 50s

HAL was.....well, horrible. Dont know if it was the cruise we took or what...(Westerdam)...Food was below that of either Princess or RC....age group ran from 70's to near death...Entertainment was ehhhh....Daily entertainment was below expectations..room nice though (we did have a suite)...service was okay....

Overall though, I would choose a Princess cruise over all the others....havent had one complaint on any of the cruises Ive done with them....

Why would anyone be flaming???

Obviously, everyone has their favorite line because it fits their lifestyle, needs, age, etc....

This is just a forum to exchange thoughts...noone should be negative here and take every comment with respect to those who gave it:)

Oh, I can and do cruise on Carnival. I just wanted some ideas from those who like Carvinal if it wasn't a choice. I guess I am fishing for what makes people go to Celebrity, Princess or Cunard. Perhaps I didn't word my OP correctly. I love Carnival, but am thinking of branching out. ;)

As you can see from my siggy I have branched out for a long time....

As I might of stated what would you be looking for in another cruiseline?;)

By the way you did not mention Cunard in your OP.....

I have never branched out beyond Carnival, mainly because of price. If it became an option to though, I think I would like to give Princess a try. Perhaps a little more upscale, but not to senior citizen(though yes we are getting close). Another thing I would like to try is doing a river cruise in Europe. Don't know which line.

I have cruised on RCCL x1, Princess X1, and Carrnival X18. If not Carnival I would cruise again on RCCL because it offered the best service of all. I still cruise Carnival for the value for the buck and after reaching platinum, it's hard to give up VIP boarding and free laundry.

I have cruised on RCCL x1, Princess X1, and Carrnival X18. If not Carnival I would cruise again on RCCL because it offered the best service of all. I still cruise Carnival for the value for the buck and after reaching platinum, it's hard to give up VIP boarding and free laundry.

Well said, those are the TWO that keep me coming back, along with pricing. :)

I cruise on Carnival because I can't afford to take all my cruises on Princess. Of course, now that the price differential is gone for solos, it's a moot issue.

That's the reason I keep looking at Princess also. :)

Archived