Spirit Class Aft Wrap..Video Tour..Enjoy!

BarleyJack

So, as a newbee cruiser I had loads of questions about cabins, particularly on the Legend, as that was our choice. We chose an aft wrap vista suite. It was amazing. Any aft cabin I would recommend, but we went all out because we thought it would be our only cruise.

Here's a video of our cabin....a couple of points:

I tap on the bathtub to show where the actual "on" switch is for the jacuzzi, call me silly but it took a few days to figure it out LOL

I zoom in on the travel screen for a confirmation of the date. This vid was taken on our last night onboard, enroute back to Tampa.

Please enjoy, and if any other new cruisers out there have questions, I will do my best, from a new cruiser point of view!

Here's our cabin:

Great video - thanks. A couple questions - how many doors are there from the cabin to the balcony? I assume just one?? Did you have any problem with soot on your balcony chairs? Any problem with cigarette butts or other junk landing on your balcony from above? I assume since the deck is partially covered, this wouldn't be the case.

Thanks again, j

Great video - thanks. A couple questions - how many doors are there from the cabin to the balcony? I assume just one?? Did you have any problem with soot on your balcony chairs? Any problem with cigarette butts or other junk landing on your balcony from above? I assume since the deck is partially covered, this wouldn't be the case.

Thanks again, j

We were in this cabin on the Spirit. There is only one door that goes out to the balcony. We had no trouble with soot or other things landing from above because on this deck it it fully covered. It was great for our Alaskan cruise because it kept us dry when it was raining out and we were still able to be on the balcony.

We were in this cabin on the Spirit. There is only one door that goes out to the balcony. We had no trouble with soot or other things landing from above because on this deck it it fully covered. It was great for our Alaskan cruise because it kept us dry when it was raining out and we were still able to be on the balcony.

Thanks. We'll also be on the Spirit.

j

So, as a newbee cruiser I had loads of questions about cabins, particularly on the Legend, as that was our choice. We chose an aft wrap vista suite. It was amazing. Any aft cabin I would recommend, but we went all out because we thought it would be our only cruise.

I tap on the bathtub to show where the actual "on" switch is for the jacuzzi, call me silly but it took a few days to figure it out LOL

I zoom in on the travel screen for a confirmation of the date. This vid was taken on our last night onboard, enroute back to Tampa.

Please enjoy, and if any other new cruisers out there have questions, I will do my best, from a new cruiser point of view!

Here's our cabin:

Awesome video - loved it!!!

Wow. Thanks for the great video.

Have yet to cruise aft......so have a question. Is the sound you recorded on the balcony accurate ?

It seemed very noisy to my ears.....sorta like coming back in and closing the door was a relief ! (Could be my age).

Did you get sun like half the day with the overhang above ?

Is there a pedestrian walkway one level down that's visible over balcony railing ?

Thanks again, j

Just one door to the balcony, but would like to point out that the balcony door is on the living room side, meaning that if one were in bed and another (awake) person wants to use the balcony, it would not disturb the sleeper LOL.

No issues with soot, butts or any other debris. The balcony on this deck is nearly completely covered, which is why I opted for it-near complete privacy, still allows for sunlight/bathing.

So when is your next cruise................??? :p:p

LOL not soon enough!

Wow. Thanks for the great video.

Have yet to cruise aft......so have a question. Is the sound you recorded on the balcony accurate ?

It seemed very noisy to my ears.....sorta like coming back in and closing the door was a relief ! (Could be my age).

Did you get sun like half the day with the overhang above ?

Is there a pedestrian walkway one level down that's visible over balcony railing ?

It wasn't exactly silent, for sure. There were times when one could hear the singing of the Maitre D and applause in the dining room below, but that was rare and momentary. The water does make noise, to me it sounds likes a waterfall. All the outside waternoise was not audible with the balcony door closed, however. ONe could hear the engines, feel a slight vibration, but I found it soothing. I'd rather hear that than loud music and scraping chairs, if one were just below the Lido deck for example.

There is a pedestrian walkway below, but we had to strain over the rail to see it, and even then we only saw the rail below. If we did see anyone, it was usually a crew member taking a break near the stairs around the corner, leaning over the rail. No worries there

As far as sun exposure goes, there was exposure during all daylight hours. Of course, the ship runs generally north/south, and with sunrise/set east/west, there was always an area of light and one of shade, in my experience. Just position your lounger accordingly.

Hope that helps!

We have been in an aft wrap balcony same as yours 5x, but always #8268, one deck below Lido. Exact same cabin, but we were the other side of the ship, so instead of going left when you walked in, we went right. LOVED LOVED LOVED that cabin! Thanks for the video to bring back the memories! ;)

Here's our cabin:

Thanks for a terrific video...Good Job :D I have never done an aft balcony and it really looks cool..I will have to price it out for a future cruise. One thought though...I noticed yours had 2 twin beds and I am wondering if this is the norm for all aft balcony cabins. For me that would be ideal as DH tosses and turns way too much :eek:

Here's our cabin:

Great video. We will be in the aft wrap cabin 4228 on the the port side for our Alaska cruise next May. We've got a large group going and I thought it would great for entertaining, that balcony is amazing. We had a corner wrap on the Conquest, but it was only one room. Thanks again.

Thanks for a terrific video...Good Job :D I have never done an aft balcony and it really looks cool..I will have to price it out for a future cruise. One thought though...I noticed yours had 2 twin beds and I am wondering if this is the norm for all aft balcony cabins. For me that would be ideal as DH tosses and turns way too much :eek:

I'm sure it is not the norm. The cabin stewart will move them however you would like, either twin or king.

Thanks bunches for the 'tour', Barleyjack! ..Nicely done!! :)

One question about something I noticed during one panned shot . . . the floral purchased via Bon Voyage.

Seems you ordered the new cube vase arrangment that's offered. How long did it last for your seven days, and would you order it again?? Thanks for any answer. I've considered it, but wasn't sure if it had the ability to last for more than a few days.

Cool video.....

I know what you mean about the tubs. Had a Grand Suite on the Fantasy on my last cruise and it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to turn the shower on with all the buttons and knobs they had on them.....LOL....

Thank you for the Video....You can put the part where you are on the balcony looking at the wake the ship left on a loop.... and i could watch that for hours...I can make Drinks and Invite Friends over also....:D

We have not been on an aft balcony yet. I have heard two negative things about them and was wondering if they may be factual or not. One was people on the deck above can see on to your balcony. The second that dirt or some kind of air born particles accumulate on the balcony. We still are interested in an aft wrap.

We have not been on an aft balcony yet. I have heard two negative things about them and was wondering if they may be factual or not. One was people on the deck above can see on to your balcony. The second that dirt or some kind of air born particles accumulate on the balcony. We still are interested in an aft wrap.

We've had several aft wraps and have never had a problem with soot or anything else on our balcony. Some afts are covered, like the Carnival Spirit, we have room 4228, I believe, and it is covered so that wouldn't be a problem, but if you are standing at the rail, you could probably be seen. My DH won't do anything else now.:):):)

You are most welcome, and thank you for watching! In answer to question, to agree with pistolpackinmama, I don't think this is normal. We were two guys travelling together, and the steward probably just assumed. Its an option either way!

Thanks bunches for the 'tour', Barleyjack! ..Nicely done!! :)

One question about something I noticed during one panned shot . . . the floral purchased via Bon Voyage.

Seems you ordered the new cube vase arrangment that's offered. How long did it last for your seven days, and would you order it again?? Thanks for any answer. I've considered it, but wasn't sure if it had the ability to last for more than a few days.

The flowers were nice, and yes they managed to live the entire cruise. Would I do it again? Not sure, honestly. Fresh flowers always lend to special ocassion, as this cruise was.....should (when :-) ) we cruise again, not sure we'd order them again, but it was a nice touch! The video was taken on our last sea day, headed back to Tampa, and the flowers were in the cabin on embarkation-so yes, they lasted the whole trip.

Again..no soot/debris/trash...and loads of privacy (on this deck anyway).

The higher up you go, the "shorter" the roof. Choose what's best for you!

Archived