Comment Card Emails, did you receive one??

pnjkeith

Did you receive comment card email  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Did you receive comment card email

• Yes
    • No

I'll post as soon as I hear from him, of course.

I asked him about this when the transition from the paper card to the eCard happened. He told me that only the email address associated with the booking would get the comment form. I told him that didn't make a ton of sense as I, or anyone else, might book two, three or more cabins. The other folk's impression of the experience is just as valuable as mine. He agreed.

Carnival needs a method of collecting email addresses from as many folks on each cruise as are willing to offer them.

:)

Does no email = no entry into free cruise drawing?

There needs to be an option on the poll for people who are just wanting to see the results. Is there any way to add a just looking option? People who just want to see the answer and have not cruised lately have to check yes or no and this could mess up the results. I'd like to see the results but don't want to mess up the results. My last cruise at the end of August we still got one (2 guests 1 card) of the old paper ones.

There needs to be an option on the poll for people who are just wanting to see the results. Is there any way to add a just looking option? People who just want to see the answer and have not cruised lately have to check yes or no and this could mess up the results. I'd like to see the results but don't want to mess up the results. My last cruise at the end of August we still got one (2 guests 1 card) of the old paper ones.

On the far right is a "view poll results" link. You don't have to vote to see the results.

Oh, and I didn't get an email from my 9/16 cruise either. Strangely enough, there was ONE paper comment card on my blue carnival towels the last night. There were two of us in the room, but only one card. Maybe I got the elusive LAST paper comment card known to man?? :) EBay??????? LOL

Either way, the percentage is way too high for the NO answer on the e-mail comment cards received. The sample set may be small but the percentage is still too high.

I would think the next poll question should be:

If you did NOT receive an e-mail eComment card, did you book

A: Directly thru Carnival either via online booking or personal PVP?

B: Thru a 3rd party such as Travel Agent or online Travel Site

Maybe the communications breakdown can be found that way.

Not sure how to do a poll, maybe someone with more experience could do this. Maybe CC can help Carnival find the problem

Ditto that. . .Two sailings last month, and a big nothing. :(

Leaving on another one in five days, and I won't be expecting to receive anything from this one either.

Yes Don, I share the same skepticism! :rolleyes:

(methinks they don't really want to ask US... as we might really tell them what we think)! :eek:

Tom

On our cruise we had 5 cabins, some received the email survey and others did not. 4 cabins were booked with the same travel agent. The 5th with an online agency. Some who booked with the travel received it and the online agency booking received it. How you booked does not seem to be the key.

If it is an email why have only a sampling, it is already cheaper than the paper comment cards. With the old way everyone got a card. I was told that if you return the e survey you are entered for a chance to win a cruise, so those of us who didn't get a survey are shut out.

Overall it was a great cruise but I did have some complaints and now I have another complaint, no comment card!

Jen in SoCal

Either way, the percentage is way too high for the NO answer on the e-mail comment cards received. The sample set may be small but the percentage is still too high.

I would think the next poll question should be:

If you did NOT receive an e-mail eComment card, did you book

A: Directly thru Carnival either via online booking or personal PVP?

B: Thru a 3rd party such as Travel Agent or online Travel Site

Maybe the communications breakdown can be found that way.

Not sure how to do a poll, maybe someone with more experience could do this. Maybe CC can help Carnival find the problem

Does no email = no entry into free cruise drawing?

I just asked John about this just now and he's fairly miffed about it.

You're right... no comment email... no opportunity for the free cruise.

I hope to hear additional soon. I'll post when I hear from John again.

I'll post as soon as I hear from him, of course.

I asked him about this when the transition from the paper card to the eCard happened. He told me that only the email address associated with the booking would get the comment form. I told him that didn't make a ton of sense as I, or anyone else, might book two, three or more cabins. The other folk's impression of the experience is just as valuable as mine. He agreed.

Carnival needs a method of collecting email addresses from as many folks on each cruise as are willing to offer them.

:)

Hey Mach buddy hope all is well.....I did put I did not receive one in the poll then started thinking....I always book through an agent so Carnival would not have my e-mail addy.....If they don't have it this is a real flaw in the system to get an e-mail comment card. I am going to contact them directly to have customer service send me one via e-mail....;)

Thinking again though they do have it because I fill out my boarding pass info with them and so do other folks even if they are booked in different cabins.....One way or another there is a really huge flaw in this system......

We got off Ecstacy Saturday October 2nd and had our email comment card on Thursday the 7th. We each got one to fill out. We have 3 more cruises between now and mid Feb. we'll see what happens with those. Maybe it depends on how fast/dependable the ship gets them out?? Or does that come from HQ?

Kat

We got ours 4 days after completing our Elation cruise (10/9). While the survey is vastly improved, I feel that only sending it to the primary member of the booking is not the correct way to do it.

The Funpass system allows for each member of the booking to input an email address so it is not like they dont have them.

Once you have completed the survey, it tells you that you are entered in the monthly drawing.

dave

Once you have completed the survey, it tells you that you are entered in the monthly drawing.

dave

Perhaps they should send out a THANKS to everyone for participating at the end of each month, along with the name of the lucky winner.

Tom

Archived