Nikon Classes

joand452

Has anyone taken the Intro to DSLR classes given by Nikon? We have one coming up locally next month, which I'm considering. It's one day, eight hours, but you don't bring your camera with you.

A couple of years ago I took an adult ed class on "taking your digital camera off automatic," it was before I had a DSLR. It was a five-week class, but most of it went over my head. While I did have a Canon with a manual setting, it just didn't have enough flexibility. The next session of the class is filled.

Thanks for your input!

Has anyone taken the Intro to DSLR classes given by Nikon? We have one coming up locally next month, which I'm considering. It's one day, eight hours, but you don't bring your camera with you.

Thanks for your input!

I've taken one by Nikon but it might have only been 4hrs - quite a while ago. I remember it as being very very good. Being a novice at that time, with the class being specific to my camera brand, that seemed to help with the understanding. Of course basic concepts like exposure and composure remain the same regardless of the camera. I say take it, the more info the better. Look to your local camera shop as they may offer in house classes too.

Has anyone taken the Intro to DSLR classes given by Nikon? We have one coming up locally next month, which I'm considering. It's one day, eight hours, but you don't bring your camera with you. A couple of years ago I took an adult ed class on "taking your digital camera off automatic," it was before I had a DSLR. It was a five-week class, but most of it went over my head. While I did have a Canon with a manual setting, it just didn't have enough flexibility. The next session of the class is filled. Thanks for your input!

In October 2009, I did one of the full-day Nikon schools in Columbus, Ohio, that focused on many of the basics and advanced tips on color, lighting, subject placement, etc. It was more than just the introductory, starting basics. They had two experienced professional photographers who did an excellent job BOTH telling and showing these various techniques, tips and secrets, etc. The program was well set-up, used excellent large-screen visuals, did some door-prize drawing on photo items, etc. There was a question and answer period, plus time to "catch them" on breaks for added questions. I felt it was worth it. Like all such programs, it is hard to make everything "fit" for all levels of need and interest. BUT, it is a good to way to test and challenge you to expand your skills, learn more, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 21,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi Joan, I took the Nikon class that you refer to in June 2009 in New York City. The class was excellent and very informative. I've recommended the same class to other Nikon owners in my family. The class covered a wide range of topics from beginner to professional and provided excellent tips and information that I found very helpful. The class was led by two professional photographers; and, there was a substantial amount of interactive time between the attendees and the instructors. IMHO, it is definitely worth the time and cost. If you attend, let us know about your experience afterwards.

Wow, these are great answers and very encouraging. I'll definitely sign up for next month's one-day class.

I did look at a local camera store, and I'm registered for a little one-hour mini-seminar next week on depth of field. I figure it's a start!

Thanks again for your responses. I just couldn't imagine how much a one-day class would help, especially without a camera at hand. I'm still going to try to register for a county class, too.

A couple of years ago I took an adult ed class on "taking your digital camera off automatic," it was before I had a DSLR. It was a five-week class, but most of it went over my head. While I did have a Canon with a manual setting, it just didn't have enough flexibility. The next session of the class is filled.

Thanks for your input!

A friend of mine and I took both classes in one weekend and both classes were excellent. I am a serious amateur photographer and found that the classes kept me interested even when I knew some of the material. The classes are good for both beginners and advanced photographers alike.

Archived