Crown Princess FLASH rates .

MCC retired

We got the flash rate but still hoping for the upgrade.

We got the flash rate and still received an upgrade. We booked a BE guarantee and were upgraded to a BA within days. You can sign up for flash fares directly through Princess. They will send out e-mails regarding flash fares. You can book through them or a TA.

If you are able to travel without a lot of advanced planning, flash fares are the way to go. Princess does not like to sail with empty cabins.

We are pretty flexible and don't particularly care what ports we stop at. We just enjoy being on the ship!

I agree with you that there are a lot of cabins out there. Also, most people seem to want to go on the new Ruby Princess that is doing a weekly Caribbean route. I've been on the Crown twice, though, and it's a lovely ship.

I certainly wouldn't disagree but the 2nd half of our January junket in the Caribbean which is on the Ruby hasn't moved one thin dime...go figure.:confused:

I did this cruise last March (and had the pleasure to meet Geoherb and Sam) and had a ball. We enjoyed the ports very much, got a great price and loved the Crown. Like Geoherb, I look at the ship, warm weather, food, camaraderie, entertainment, sun, etc, etc as the destination. We took a private tour in Roatan with Victor Bodden tours and would highly recommend, and just enjoyed shopping and walking around Cozumel and Grand Cayman. I traveled with a first time cruiser and in fact enjoyed the cruise so much I may take it again this spring with my husband for an inexpensive winter getaway!

The other issue with a 7 day cruise is that the Crown is a Saturday to Saturday cruise, if I'm not mistaken. Most people want to come in a day ahead and that makes for 6 vacation days. The Ruby, in addition to being the new ship, is a Sunday to Sunday. You can fly on Saturday and use only 5 days of vacation. For some this isn't an issue, but it is for many. A lot of people can only go for 1 week. The Ruby is more appealing to many because of the route, the day it sails and the fact that is new. That said, if I didn't have another cruise booked already, I'd jump on that Crown deal. I kind of regret that I booked so early this year because there are great deals out there.

There is something very curious about this itinerary or the ship, we are on it in early January and we have received over $700 in price reductions since booking.

I've realized two price drops in the last two weeks for my April 2010 Mexican Riviera cruise on HAL. Can only assume bookings are slow.

I have two Princess cruises booked. The December Caribbean hasn't changed, and the North Cape has gone UP!

Archived