C1-4 Staterooms on Queen Mary 2

ColumbiaSC

I know C1-2 are Queen Mary 2 Oceanview Staterooms with windows (no balcony) and that the C3-4 cabins have portholes. Each has about 194 square feet of space. I can see them pictured on various Decks as shown on www.cunard.com and in brochures. But what I cannot seem to determine --- must be missing something! --- is which staterooms are C1-2 and which are C3-4. All details of each room number I look at show a room with a porthole! So my question, how does one figure out from the brochures and/or online which Oceanview Staterooms are those with windows? I realize I can consult a travel agent, but I don't want to do that at this moment. For me a room with a window is preferable to one with a porthole.

I know C1-2 are Queen Mary 2 Oceanview Staterooms with windows (no balcony) and that the C3-4 cabins have portholes. Each has about 194 square feet of space. I can see them pictured on various Decks as shown on www.cunard.com and in brochures. But what I cannot seem to determine --- must be missing something! --- is which staterooms are C1-2 and which are C3-4. All details of each room number I look at show a room with a porthole! So my question, how does one figure out from the brochures and/or online which Oceanview Staterooms are those with windows? I realize I can consult a travel agent, but I don't want to do that at this moment. For me a room with a window is preferable to one with a porthole.

Try an online travel agents website. Most of them have deck plans on. Or try sea-scanner website which has good deck plans.

Hi,

Deck 4: 4001-4019 & 4002-4016 are C2 with windows

Deck 5: 5001-5007 & 5002-5008 are C4 with porthole

Deck 5: 5009-5019 & 5010-5020, 5267, 5269, 5248, 5250 are C1 with windows

Deck 6: 6001-6033 & 6002-6028 are C3 with porthole

Deck 6: 6035-6047 & 6032-6040 are C1 with window

This is from an earlier set of plans but I'm fairly sure that these cabins have not been re-graded - in any case the windows/portholes won't have changed.

Regards, Colin.

P.S. If you do decide to go with the porthole 6001,02,09,10 are considerably larger than the others.

Don

I have slightly different info,

C1

6043 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

6036 Six Forward, Port, Oceanview

6039 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

6032 Six Forward, Port, Oceanview

5015 Five Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

5016 Five Forward, Port, Oceanview

C2

4017 Four Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

4012 Four Forward, Port, Oceanview

4011 Four Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

4006 Four Forward, Port, Oceanview

4007 Four Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

4004 Four Forward, Port, Oceanview

C3

6033 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

6031 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

6026 Six Forward, Port, Oceanview

6022 Six Forward, Port, Oceanview

6025 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

6021 Six Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

C4

5007 Five Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

5006 Five Forward, Port, Oceanview

5004 Five Forward, Port, Oceanview

5001 Five Forward, Starboard, Oceanview

5002 Five Forward, Port, Oceanview

This may be more but this should give you enough to start your homework :eek:

So good to hear from you, Capn. My brother, for whom I am responsible, was in hospital, now in nursing home, and I had to cancel Queen Mary 2 trip starting today (Oct 25) up to NE and Canada and then on to Southampton and Cherbourg and then back to New York. What a disappointment for me but thanks for CunardCare. Had to do it, wanted to do it, of course. I believe you are to be on the two-day jaunt from Soton to Cherbourg and back.

Your information is much appreciated, too, and I now have the work of two gentlemen scholars to work with!

I am contemplating the 2012 World Voyage of the QM2 --- what a humdinger of a trip --- and therefore the reason for my query about cabins. I love to think things through. The price on C1-4 accommodations might be compatible with my budget!

Don, Lord Kay of Shandon.

I believe if you look at the brochure deckplan (as opposed to the cunard website deckplan) you can see the difference between C1, C2 [window] light green and pink and C3, C4 [porthole] light blue and dusty pink.

trevor

Archived