Pocket knife

Zeek95

My husband had a pocket knife of about 3 inches in his pocket in Tampa in April 09 and they took it. Gave him a receipt for pick up once we disembarked. He now puts in his shave kit and checks and we've never had a problem on the 4 cruises since from Tampa (1) and/or Miami (3).

I once had forgotten I had a "Multi Tool" in a carry on bag. Security wanted to know if i was a member of the "crew". After telling them no, and a supervisor arrving I was left to board the ship with the multitool. The blade on the multitool was less then 3". Maybe it was the cork screw they thought I would use as a weapon!

My hsband signed a receipt for his cigar lighter as well but when we got back to port they said all those items confiscated that day had been destroyed. Not Carnival's fault but TSA. We had no recourse. I think someone just admired his fancy lighter.

My hsband signed a receipt for his cigar lighter as well but when we got back to port they said all those items confiscated that day had been destroyed. Not Carnival's fault but TSA. We had no recourse. I think someone just admired his fancy lighter.

I think my question to the TSA would be "why did you give me a signed receipt and then destroy the lighter when it should have been returned". If they are going to destroy personal property then receipts should not be issued.

TSA has nothing to do with port security.

We just returned from the Carnival Pride and my husband had no trouble getting his

pocket knife on board in Baltimore - but in Port Canaveral he had it taken away and

a home land security report filed. So if you don't need it don't take the chance ---

My DH was able to take his with him on our Sept 2010 cruise, out of Port Canaveral. Security at the x-ray machine told him to leave it in the room while on the ship? Don't know why, but he was able to keep his pocket knife and I believe that the blade was about 3 inches.

My DH took his under 4" knife with him on our 10/10 Conquest and packed it in his checked luggage~ when we got onboard the ship and they put his S&S card in the slot for the first time he got an alarm and a message came up on screen that said he had to go to security~ he thought for sure it was my suitcase with my drinks in it~ I said No way~ so off he went and about 5 minutes later he comes back and says it was my knife~ they saw it on xray but had no way of knowing if it was under 4" so they had to call him down~ other than that no problem~

I have sailed out of many ports and find Mr/Ms Security, who are contractors-NOT CCL employees, seem to have differing interpretations of CCL policy.

Just another inconsistency between ships/ports!

Like the suggestion to simply put the <4" knife (blade) into DH shaving kit. We use it to cut limes, as another person mentioned.

Archived