Looking to take the kids for Spring Break

krehberg

Only 3 ports being an option for a 5 night. I live in the Tampa area by the way

TPA: Inspiration 5 night $429/pp

TPA: Radiance of the Seas $649/pp

FTL: Navigator of the Seas $709/pp

MIA: Destiny $464/pp

MIA: Century $548/pp

All of the ports are fine...time frame is important as they all started and ended between March 12, 2011 and March March 20, 2011 when they are out of school.

They actually live in the Ft. Lauderdale area..and me in the Tampa area. Any reason to not take the Inspiration..and why? Oh..and I compared OV prices since Fantasy class ships only have balconies for suites..it seems, and that's not an option..pricewise.

Can't think of any reason why you shouldn't :D One benefit is that you don't have to pay for everyone to travel to another port (unless you decide to sail out of Ft. Lauderdale). Looks like the price is right especially for a Spring Break cruise and the Inspiration does have all the Carnival water work upgrades already done. Enjoy your cruise :)

How old are the kids? Have they cruised before?

IF price was the same across the board, I would pick the Navigator of the Seas (specially since the kids live in the Ft. Lauderdale area). Bigger, newer ship with more fun stuff for the kids. However, I think that the Carnival Inspiration, with all the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, should be a great option since price is considerably less than the other cruise lines.

The new Waterworks area, the kid's programs (Club 02, Circle C, and Camp Carnival) will definitely keep them busy. Also, Grand Cayman and Cozumel are great, easy ports for families with plenty of fun stuff to do for the kids.

Although I think that Celebrity has an excellent product, they do cater to a bit more "adult" clientele, so I would probably put this ship at the bottom of the list. Although I'm sure that no matter which ship you pick they'll find other kids to meet, it might be a bit more limited than on RCCL or Carnival.

My vote is for the inspiration. It would be more cost effective as you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. Also you wouldn't have to pay for parking fees if you asked a friend or co-worker to drive you. I like the ports too.

I should add..that pricewise..the Liberty for 7 nights, though with inside cabin is also an option at $569/pp.

I've only cruised with balconies on Spirit class..though we've always gone 7A (obstructed view). I tend to spend alot onboard and not just for cabin. My wife (their step mom) can't go..so its just me and the kids. An inside might actually do since it will be their first anyway..LOL. Don't want to spoil them :D

How old are the kids? Have they cruised before?

IF price was the same across the board, I would pick the Navigator of the Seas (specially since the kids live in the Ft. Lauderdale area). Bigger, newer ship with more fun stuff for the kids. However, I think that the Carnival Inspiration, with all the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, should be a great option since price is considerably less than the other cruise lines.

The new Waterworks area, the kid's programs (Club 02, Circle C, and Camp Carnival) will definitely keep them busy. Also, Grand Cayman and Cozumel are great, easy ports for families with plenty of fun stuff to do for the kids.

Although I think that Celebrity has an excellent product, they do cater to a bit more "adult" clientele, so I would probably put this ship at the bottom of the list. Although I'm sure that no matter which ship you pick they'll find other kids to meet, it might be a bit more limited than on RCCL or Carnival.

In March, they'll be 16 and 13 and neither have cruised before, nor been outside the country.

Navigator sounds like a great ship...but it seems to be quite expensive compared to the other options.

My vote is for the inspiration. It would be more cost effective as you wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. Also you wouldn't have to pay for parking fees if you asked a friend or co-worker to drive you. I like the ports too.

FYI, my sister live in South Florida..and even my ex-wife would be happy to drive us to the port..so the South Florida ports aren't a problem. With my sis there..also no issue with hotel rooms.

Yes, the ports are good...and in fact going to both of them in November. Kids haven't been though..which is why I'm asking. I really prefer Eastern/Southern Iteneraries but neither are an option.

Navigator has the Flo Rider (wakeboard and surf water machine) which would be great for your kids. Im sure there are allot other sports areas around ship as well. I was on the Independance (Sister ship). There is also a ice rink as well.

Carnival is cheaper for familys with a little less then RCCL.

Navigator has the Flo Rider (wakeboard and surf water machine) which would be great for your kids. Im sure there are allot other sports areas around ship as well. I was on the Independance (Sister ship). There is also a ice rink as well.

Carnival is cheaper for familys with a little less then RCCL.

Navigator is the most expensive..and RCCL doesn't even let me bring on 1 bottle of wine. Ok...and I like good wine. Though Carnival is now down to 1 per person...for me its still two $75/bottles to compare to RCCL. On RCCL, that's at least $150 or another $75 on top of an already most expensive option.

I like the specialty restaurants..but what kind of meat does the "Chops Grill Serve"

I can get my $18 Aged USDA Prime steak on Inspiration....well, at least right now

I would take the short drive to Tampa and the Inspiration. A very short drive from Wesley Chapel. A short drive the day of the cruise is always better than a long drive or a stay overnight. It also makes the return home after the cruise a lot better. Tampa is a nice port. We found our two Tampa departures were easy. Since we were last on the Inspiration they have added the water works with a couple of water slides. We enjoyed our cruise on the Inspiration and will be sailing on her next July. From my experience RCCL did not give us a price brake on the third or more passengers. They had to pay the full fare. Carnival the third person is has always been more than $100 less than the first two passengers. Some cases it has been half of the cost of the first two passengers. We have taken two spring break cruises with one on the way in March. We haven’t noticed much difference in the number of children on spring break cruises than at other times. Go on the Inspiration and have a great cruise. :)

I would take the short drive to Tampa and the Inspiration. A very short drive from Wesley Chapel. A short drive the day of the cruise is always better than a long drive or a stay overnight. It also makes the return home after the cruise a lot better. Tampa is a nice port. We found our two Tampa departures were easy. Since we were last on the Inspiration they have added the water works with a couple of water slides. We enjoyed our cruise on the Inspiration and will be sailing on her next July. From my experience RCCL did not give us a price brake on the third or more passengers. They had to pay the full fare. Carnival the third person is has always been more than $100 less than the first two passengers. Some cases it has been half of the cost of the first two passengers. We have taken two spring break cruises with one on the way in March. We haven’t noticed much difference in the number of children on spring break cruises than at other times. Go on the Inspiration and have a great cruise. :)

No doubt leaning toward the Inspiration. While the Liberty for 7 nights would be great..I just can't do an inside cabin..and would need to, to keep the price similar.

I also LOVE the port of Tampa..not just because its my home port but its just a great port to cruise from.

Still looking at Destiny from Miami, but Jamaica is not a place I really want to go...while Inspiration is Grand Cayman and Cozumel..two places I've been before and love. Kids have not..so its another reason to go with this one as well.

Archived