Route to Take From Manhattan Pier to 911 Site...

gram2trips

You can take 12th Ave (street in front of the cruise pier) down the West Side (south) to the 911 site. This is route 9A. You would come back the same way to pick up the HH Parkway to the GW Bridge.

If you don't care for the NYC driving, on your return you can take the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel to the NJ Turnpike to go north. However, it is a toll road.

Will be cruising out of Manhattan in March. Would like to drive thru after cruise to see site of 911. What is easiest route from pier?? & how do I get back to HH & GW bridge?? TIA

You mean the World Trade Center site?

I would park my car at a lot on the West Side and take the subway to the World Trade Center stop. Once you exit the subway, it is a block south.

There is really no where to 'drive by' and see the site.

If you drive by on West St. all you will see is construction barriers and cranes. Nothing to see from the road and then you end up in the traffic for the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, the Battery Park underpass or the U-Turn back up West St.

As others posted, park in midtown and take the E 8th Ave local subway downtown to the last stop. Easy walk from the subway exit at the front of the train.

Archived