Wine Package for your stateroom

biddles

Hi All,

Going on Rhapsody in December and will be purchasing a wine package onboard on the first day.

My question is - will I be able to get all 5 bottles delivered to my stateroom?

I understand that I can't take them to the MDR but we have 3 adults in the room (DH & DD as well as me) and love a glass or two of wine on the balcony.

Also - is the poolside BBQ, is that available only the first afternoon/evening or on other days as well??

Thanks,

Biddles :D

AFAIK, you can't get any the "Wine package" bottles delivered to your room, but that said, you can get at least one bottle waiting for you on your first day by ordering it through the "Gifts and Gear" option. I'm not sure if you can order 1 bottle for every adult in the room or just one bottle per room with this option.

The "Wine package" is served in the dining room and any unfinished wine can be taken back to your room. Again, I'm not sure if you can get all the bottles served to you on the first night, but if you can, just remember they will all be uncorked.

I may be wrong on this, so others may correct me, but I believe that's how it works.

Hi All,

Going on Rhapsody in December and will be purchasing a wine package onboard on the first day.

My question is - will I be able to get all 5 bottles delivered to my stateroom?

I understand that I can't take them to the MDR but we have 3 adults in the room (DH & DD as well as me) and love a glass or two of wine on the balcony.

Also - is the poolside BBQ, is that available only the first afternoon/evening or on other days as well??

Thanks,

Biddles :D

:cool:If you want wine and/or champagne waiting for you in room, order ahead of time thru gifts n gear. I always have one champagne, one white and one red waiting. If you want them later, order package and get what you want at dinner. I'm not sure what the OFFICIAL rules are, BUT I have taken unopened bottle away from MDR. I have also taken full (and part) bottles to the MDR from champagne bar. Your waiters want a good tip. They are not going to make waves:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

If you order a wine package, you can have wine with your dinner in the MDR or specality restaurants ( I have never asked for wine at the WJ, my DH and I don't have dinner there) . If you want a red wine and your DH wants a white wine just order two different bottles. If you don't finish it all you can either bring them back to your room or have your waiter save them for the next time.

My DH and I have wine with our dinner then ask for a bottle of our chice to bring back to our room. We have our own wine opener and I believe you can either ask for one or ask your waiter to open the wine bottle for you. Your room attendant should provide you with wine glasses.

I hope this helps.

Yes, I believe you can order the wine package for delivery to your cabin. And you can take a bottle to dinner but would have to pay the $15 corkage fee. Seems you mainly want wine in the cabin to consume in the cabin, so that is not a factor. You do save a little bit by ordering the package over individual bottles from "Gifts and Gear".

AFAIK, you can't get any the "Wine package" bottles delivered to your room, but that said, you can get at least one bottle waiting for you on your first day by ordering it through the "Gifts and Gear" option. I'm not sure if you can order 1 bottle for every adult in the room or just one bottle per room with this option.

The "Wine package" is served in the dining room and any unfinished wine can be taken back to your room. Again, I'm not sure if you can get all the bottles served to you on the first night, but if you can, just remember they will all be uncorked.

I may be wrong on this, so others may correct me, but I believe that's how it works.

I don't know if it varies by ship, but we were told on Radiance that the Wine Package wines were only available in the Windjammer, main dining room and specialty restaurants. We had no trouble getting a couple of bottles "to go" without them being opened, but if you want something for sailaway before dinner, I'd agree with those who said to order through Gifts and Gear.

On Rhapsody in February, there was an Australia/New Zealand wine package offered onboard in addition to the standard wine package. I would wait until you're onboard to see if those wines appeal more to you than the wines in the package. We had a great time sampling something new and different (for us Yanks, anyway). :)

• 1 month later...

As far as I know when you order the wine package there is no option of where you can get it, unlike the gifts and gear wine gifts where you can select what date and whether room or dining rooms. You pick the bottle in the restaurant each time you want to claim one from your pkg. You don't even select which wines you want ahead of time. You pick it at the table, either in the MDR or specialty restaurant.

I think the wine package saves something like $1-2 per bottle at most. We didn't purchase the one we had on Explorer. Our friends we were traveling with bought it as a gift for the 4 of us.

We always get a wine package and get the bottles in the MDR at dinner. Now, nothing says that you have to have the wine at dinner. From personal experience, I have asked for bottles of wine at the end of dinner and taken them with me, unopened/uncorked, for later use..

Archived