Walk off in NOLA

Billymac

We are sailing on the Spirit Feb. 6-13. Our flight back is at 11.15 A.M. Do we have enough time by doing the walk off debarkation? Does anyone know what time this starts?

You should be ok with the express walkoff. I have cruised twice out of NOLA with NCL, had a noon flight, and did not feel rushed to make it to the airport at all. Plenty of time to catch my flight.

That cruise last April, we were noon before we got through customs and away from the dock. A security alert was issued somewhere (not New Orleans) and each passanger had to have their passport individually scanned and wait for the computer to digest the info with results. Unusual, but do you have a backup plan. A bunch of missed flights that day. Otherwise, you should be able to be off the ship by 8:30 or 9.

You should be ok with the express walkoff. I have cruised twice out of NOLA with NCL, had a noon flight, and did not feel rushed to make it to the airport at all. Plenty of time to catch my flight.

Sometimes express walkoff isn't so express, but your flight is not until noon so you'd probably be fine. We loved that cruise, enjoy!

Sometimes express walkoff isn't so express, but your flight is not until noon so you'd probably be fine. We loved that cruise, enjoy!

Very true...I have been on ships where the line if pretty long. As long has the ship docks as scheduled and the clearence time is on schedule for the ship, all should be good for a noon depature..

Based on what we have experienced and has been posted on these boards (search ORLEANS), 9 out of 10 times you can be out of there before 9am. There are those few times when something happens and it is late morning.

It is normally an easy port to get out of. Self disembark, and taking a cab will improve your timing of course.

"Noon" is floating around here, but this poster has an 11:15am flight, and they are not US citizens. You need to allow 30 minutes for a cab to the airport.

I would certainly be up, and ready to go at least 1/2 hour prior to the posted time. Pack light, since you will be able to move more quickly, having ONE, at most, medium rolling bag.

What does your cruiseline say for the flight schedules?? They have posted recommendations. You are a little "late" to be asking this, frankly.

Not being US citizens does not make any difference. We are from Canada and have done the walk off before in Los Angeles. It was smooth and quick as our documents were (and are) up to date. I know that this is a quick experience. All I wanted to know was if there was enough time to make it to the airport and I got that answer. We booked an early flight as there was no other until late afternoon so I guess that my question was for logistics reasons, not to be told we are "late" in asking this question!

We booked an early flight as there was no other until late afternoon so I guess that my question was for logistics reasons, not to be told we are "late" in asking this question!

On many posts frequently I do see persons, who only asked for an answer to a straight forward question, get some personal counseling included with the answers. Not sure why.

On many posts frequently I do see persons, who only asked for an answer to a straight forward question, get some personal counseling included with the answers. Not sure why.

Well I could tell you why, but first... tell me about your mother (slipping into Freud mode).... :p

Very true...I have been on ships where the line if pretty long. As long has the ship docks as scheduled and the clearence time is on schedule for the ship, all should be good for a noon depature..

Normally the ship will dock before the posted time, but yes, walk off can be more of a pain than a positive experience. We usually just try to get color tags for the first group.

Nita

Archived