Soltice Class ADA Sky Suite

shamda

We are booked into cabin 2136 on the Equinox which is an ADA (Handicap Accessible) cabin. Has anyone stayed in one of these? Does anyone have any pictures? I have read about the ADA differences, but I would like to see some pictures or hear from someone that stayed in one. I booked a cat W and this is where they put me. I have no use for the ADA features and frankly feel bad about staying in one if there is someone that really needs it. Just wondering if I should call Celebrity and try to get moved. My TA will not get involved and has basically told me that I should just keep my mouth shut. She said I was lucky to get it as it is larger than the other S2 cabins. She also said that there is nothing she can do that they absoultely will not move me. Any thoughts other than find a new TA?

When is your cruise? They open up these cabins sometime after final payment and Celebrity refuses to maintain a waiting list for handicapped that might need the cabin so if that is the case you might as well keep it. Next time get another TA without the attitude, and she is wrong about them not moving you.

The cruise is 11/26/10. I booked it about 4 weeks ago and they assigned my cat w cabin within a couple of days. I knew i was taking my chances with a W, but I would not think they would assign me an ADA.

When is your cruise? They open up these cabins sometime after final payment and Celebrity refuses to maintain a waiting list for handicapped that might need the cabin so if that is the case you might as well keep it. Next time get another TA without the attitude, and she is wrong about them not moving you.

I remember you have posted a few times before. I'm really not sure why you are so hung up about getting an accessible cabin or blaming your TA for the cabin assignment. You are near your sail date and there were obviously a number S2s left of which some or all were accessible cabins and Celebrity put them on sale. The computer allocates the cabin (in number order I think) and it just happened you got 2136. It happened on my cruise too, but I got one of the standard cabins. It's luck of the draw if you take a guarantee. That's why they are cheaper.

Phil

The TA has it right. I booked directly through Celebrity and the only way I could be switched was if I was put back in the guarantee pot (assuming the guarantee category W was still available) and the computer allocated me another cabin. It happened I got the right one, but I could have ended up going back in the pot and being allocated the same cabin.

Phil

The TA has it right. I booked directly through Celebrity and the only way I could be switched was if I was put back in the guarantee pot (assuming the guarantee category W was still available) and the computer allocated me another cabin. It happened I got the right one, but I could have ended up going back in the pot and being allocated the same cabin.

Phil

Sorry, I didn't realize it was a guarantee:o

If you feel guilty, you can always let them know at Guest Reservations desk that you are willing to be moved if a handicapped pax asks for accessible accommodations.

I'm handicapped, and do not think you should feel guilty. You were assigned it, and tried to move. There's a slim chance you might get bumped on ship, but normally it means an upgrade. Enjoy your cruise!

With the ADA sky suite you will not get the tub or the nice shower. It is a plain handheld shower. We have to have an accessible stateroom, so we just live with it. But if I was booking a sky suite, I would want the nice bathtub. So you might try again and use this as your rationale.

I don't know why Celebrity releases the ADA cabins four to six weeks before sailing when there are still many regular staterooms in that category, but they often do. This means that when there are later promos or prices go down, people who need accessible features can't take advantage of the promos or lower prices.

But to the OP, you didn't ask for the accessible suite and no one blames you for taking it. Thank you for your consideration for those who need staterooms with accessible features.

Archived