MTD Reservations - Linking With Friends??

Apparently we are unable to "link" reservations for dinner with friends of ours online (they booked in USD; we booked in CAD):eek:

We have now both made an individual reservation for the same time on our first night. I've emailed RC 3 times now (precruiseplanner) and no response. :mad:

Will we be able to get this straightened out when we board or is that leaving it too late? Any other suggestions are welcome....

We'd like to make other reservations too, but I'm thinking we're probably better to wait until we are onboard??

My in-laws are sailing with us in January and I was able to link our MTD reservations to theirs. I'm pretty sure I just needed their reservation # and names.

Thank you so much! I was wondering whether you could link MTD reservations. We're planning a family cruise next year and will probably be doing MTD.

We just cruised the Mariner with MTD with linked reservation numbers. When you make your reservation in the dining room everyday they will ask you for your room number not your reservation number. We never had any problems and always sat at the same table with the same waiters.

Apparently we are unable to "link" reservations for dinner with friends of ours online (they booked in USD; we booked in CAD):eek:

We have now both made an individual reservation for the same time on our first night. I've emailed RC 3 times now (precruiseplanner) and no response. :mad:

Will we be able to get this straightened out when we board or is that leaving it too late? Any other suggestions are welcome....

We'd like to make other reservations too, but I'm thinking we're probably better to wait until we are onboard??

Our experience has been that RCI is unable to "link" MTD if the prepaid gratuities are in different currencies (eg. Canadian dollar and US dollar.)

However we were able to link show reservations et al.:)

Our experience has been that RCI is unable to "link" MTD if the prepaid gratuities are in different currencies (eg. Canadian dollar and US dollar.)

However we were able to link show reservations et al.:)

I hadn't thought of the grautities angle...

Well I finally got a response from Royal Caribbean - they say that as long as we all have reservations for the same time, when we show up we just need to ask the maitre 'd to seat us together. I guess we'll find out in just over a week!

I hadn't thought of the grautities angle...

Well I finally got a response from Royal Caribbean - they say that as long as we all have reservations for the same time, when we show up we just need to ask the maitre 'd to seat us together. I guess we'll find out in just over a week!

Come back and let us know how it worked out. We are going on Oasis in Feb with a group of about 10 with MTD. I would think with MTD, since you don't have a dedicated table, there is no reason to link your reservations?

Archived