Ruby Princess: stateroom for 3 psgrs

Natabelle

Hi there, everyone!

I am asking this question here since it is a specifically Princess question and not a family cruise question. I've searched everywhere and can't find my answer.

We are booking on Ruby Princess next Spring with a balcony stateroom. There will be 4 of us: me, my husband, my 8-year-old and my 23-month-old. We've booked a stateroom that can accomodate 3 passengers and have requested a crib.

Now, on my reservation, it shows the crib request AND a rollaway request. I'm trying to find out if there is an upper berth in the staterooms that can accomodate a 3rd passenger or if it is strictly a rollaway.

If it's a rollaway, we will definitely switch to a stateroom that has the 2 uppers. We were just trying to avoid one of the adults having to sleep on an upper since my toddler will be perfect in the crib.

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

If you look at your cabin assignment and then go to the deck plans for the Ruby, the cabins with upper berths are marked with a symbol (seem to remember it is a triangle but I could be mistaken).

If you are still not sure whether your cabin has an upper berth, call Princess to verify that the room has an upper berth.

There are only upper berths if the deck plan indicates it for that particular cabin.

It is bad with a rollaway.

We went through this last year and I think its a fire hazard, there is no room to move when its setup and it barely fits between the bed and the glass balcony door. It is folded up during the day. We finally put it on the balcony. I don't know where you will fit a crib as well? :eek:

I totally agree with Colo here. You will be able to fit a rollaway OR a crib in a balcony stateroom, but no idea where you would put both. The floor space is very limited, and even with only a rollaway it makes a balcony cabin a wall to wall bed in the evening. Rollaway and crib? No way both will fit in a balcony cabin that I can see.

I agree with the others. It's not doable. Also, make sure your cabin is rated for four passengers, not three. Even the 23-month old is considered a passenger.

IMHO, you've got two choices: book a mini-suite rated for four passengers or two cabins (balcony and inside across the hall) and one of you stay with each child. Cruising with two small children is a challenge on Princess.

Thanks for the info! When we booked, it showed only 3 person staterooms in the list of availability, but there are 4 person staterooms available so we picked a stateroom that was further away from the elevators. And yes, we booked as 4 people.

I'm thinking we'll just go with 2 uppers instead and one of us will sleep up above.

We travel quite a bit and we've done a lot of trips with the little one so far, but this is her first cruise.

Thanks again!

Archived