Port of Miami Parking

danf161

Just back from a cruise that we parked at the $4.50 lot per day. http://portofmiamicruiseparking.com and we had an excellent experience with it. It was packed so obviously hundreds of people are parking there. We had NO problems at all with the lot and our car was fine upon our return. I will recommend this parking lot to all my friends and family.

I Used the lot several times with a new model car and had zero issues also. A few homless people on the street dont bother me and infact they stay around that area because the Homeless Coalition bring them food occasionally.

My vehicle was a little dusty from being outside but not a big deal to me.

No frills parking at a huge bargain.... EZPZ! ;)

Edited by floridabum

I promised to post a review of the port of Miami.com lot upon my return so here goes.....we parked at his lot from Dec. 16 - Dec.26. I dropped my wife, kids and luggage off at the port then drove to the lot. I did ALOT of research so I knew there were bums and trash in the area. I drive a 2004 Toyota sequoia, seemed to fit in with other cars parked there. I got there at about 9:00, it was very busy, showed them my preprinted receipt and was directed to my spot. Again, trashy area but lots of nice cars parked here. I tried to make sure there was nothing visible that no one would want to want to break a window out for. I placed my printed receipt on the dashboard as directed and left the lot on foot back to the port. It was about a two mile walk / jog over the high bridge to the Norwegian sun. I don't recommend trying to walk back to the port unless you are in good physical shape, it was longer than I expected. Upon my return from my cruise, I got a cab ( I gained 15 pounds from all the great food, so I wasn't up to the return walk) it was 10.00 with tip, so worth it. My car was dirty but it was exactly as I left it. I grabbed the car, drove over, picked up my wife, kids and luggage and was on the highway by 9:30am. This lot worked out great for me, I saved a ton of money on my 10 day cruise and spent it all on a few buckets of beer.

Put me in the unfortunate "My car got broken into at Port of Miami Cruise Parking . Com" category...

Two broken windows, scratched doors and a bunch of stuff taken. They had the time to scrounge through the pockets of EVERY piece of clothing left in a duffle bag (out of sight behind the back seat in an SUV), rummage through all the info in the glove box, and even go into the compartment in the back and steal my hitch and accessories.

DO NOT USE THIS LOT. The cop who wrote up the report said they regularly get calls about break-ins there.

Put me in the unfortunate "My car got broken into at Port of Miami Cruise Parking . Com" category...

Two broken windows, scratched doors and a bunch of stuff taken. They had the time to scrounge through the pockets of EVERY piece of clothing left in a duffle bag (out of sight behind the back seat in an SUV), rummage through all the info in the glove box, and even go into the compartment in the back and steal my hitch and accessories.

DO NOT USE THIS LOT. The cop who wrote up the report said they regularly get calls about break-ins there.

I'm truly very sorry this happened. However, its pretty common in this part of town, and common at these off port lots that have ZERO security come late at night. Hence my negative tone when it comes to off site parking in Miami.

I wish there was a better and cheaper solution for cruise parking.

I have found another parking facility with a shuttle to the port in Miami. It looks like they opened around Dec 1. Has anyone heard about Safe Cruise Parking . com? They have pictures on their Facebook site too. I cannot really find any reviews on them yet. Thanks

I'm truly very sorry this happened. However, its pretty common in this part of town, and common at these off port lots that have ZERO security come late at night. Hence my negative tone when it comes to off site parking in Miami.

I wish there was a better and cheaper solution for cruise parking.

To follow up, we just got our estimate for repair...$3,300!!!

(And this is ONLY THE CAR, not any of our "stuff" that was taken since that is covered under our homeowners, not auto policy).

I have found another parking facility with a shuttle to the port in Miami. It looks like they opened around Dec 1. Has anyone heard about Safe Cruise Parking . com? They have pictures on their Facebook site too. I cannot really find any reviews on them yet. Thanks

I put in their phone # into a google search and found that it is the same # as

Sun Tours and Shuttles. Better Business Bureau has them (Sun Tours and Shuttles) listed with 4 negatives and other reviews are all negative. Now.... That is what I found on the internet and I have not parked there or know anything about them first hand.

In my opinion, any parking lot that uses the word "safe" in its name is questionable. I would never consider anything in that area "safe" and that comes from a person that leaves his vehicle at the port of miami cruise parking dot com parking lot.:D

Hope it helps.

Here is a look at crimes in the area from the 5th to the 11th of this month

CrimeMappingcom-NationalMap_zps0d07cad3.png

Edited by floridabum

• 3 months later...

DO NOT USE Premier Parking. Upon arrival to lot, we waited in the sun for about 30 minutes. One of their vans pulled in and parked followed by another. The drivers said we'd have to wait because the port wasn't letting anyone in or out. I called Port of Miami and was told that was nonsense. When I confronted the drivers with it, they said the vans were broke down and lifted the hoods. A third van pulled in and did the same. After another half hour, an old beat up van that did not have the Premier logo on it arrived to take us. That driver said the other vans couldn't go to the port because of permit problems. It was 85 out, we were packed like sardines, and the van had no AC! Then, on departure from the port after our cruise, the driver, Raul Hernandez or Juan Sanchez (we were given 2 names), was yelling at all of us after arguing with one customer. Then he got in the van and, while yelling still, and began driving like a maniac! It was so bad, that before we even got out of the port, he was pulled over! THEN, on the way back to our lot, he drove at speeds up to 75 in a 35-45 zone and took turns so fast we were flung against each other. I called customer service and the lady acted as if she couldn't care less. I will NEVER use this service again and have contacted the BBB.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. We are looking at a parking lot that says it's 2 blocks from POM for $4.50/day. Has anyone used them? is it easy to get to? is it safe? The name says it's called POM Cruise Parking.

Next question, my husband is disabled and we have a handicap placard for parking. Should we attempt to park in the POM terminals because they say we can park for free, but I have my doubts of finding a handicapped parking space.

TIA for your responses!

Edited by Seabreezes914
add info

Hi everyone. We are looking at a parking lot that says it's 2 blocks from POM for $4.50/day. Has anyone used them? is it easy to get to? is it safe? The name says it's called POM Cruise Parking.

Next question, my husband is disabled and we have a handicap placard for parking. Should we attempt to park in the POM terminals because they say we can park for free, but I have my doubts of finding a handicapped parking space.

TIA for your responses!

We have used the free handicaped parking twice and will be again in NOV.

there are plenty of spots. last time we were right across from the ship.

TIA for your responses!

One thing they have lots of in FLA is handicapped parking spots! You should have no problem as long as you have your placard and proper documentation (check the POM web site). Parking at POM is convenient, secure and covered - and for your husband, FREE! :cool: Have a great cruise! :)

TIA for your responses!

If you have the handicap placard, and ID ( need drivers license, passport won't work) part at the port. Way less stressful and you can't beat free. :D Check the port web site for what's needed with the placard.

If you have the handicap placard, and ID ( need drivers license, passport won't work) part at the port. Way less stressful and you can't beat free. :D Check the port web site for what's needed with the placard.

They ask for the DL associated with the placard (the DL # is on the expiration date sticker); I first discovered this when I volunteered to run out and get the car (it's my DW's placard), and they wouldn't take my license. :eek:

Plenty of marked spots at POM, that shouldn't be a problem.

FYI, Port Everglades doesn't provide this benefit to disabled placard holders, except for those who drive the specially modified vehicles.

Edited by AlanFromFL

• 1 month later...

Handicapped parking POM:

For Disabled Persons

Notice to Disabled Parking Patrons (Effective November 16, 2013 at 1201 A.M.)

Based on Ordinance 13-104 That Amends Section 30-338.2 of the Miami–Dade County Code;

Public parking charges WILL APPLY to vehicles parking at PortMiami’s public parking facilities that display a disabled parking permit or license tag, except as provided by Florida state law*. However, a vehicle displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag will be allowed up to two (2) hours of free parking. Any vehicle exceeding the two-hour free parking period will be charged for the entire time the vehicle uses the facility.

*In accordance with Florida state law, no parking charges will be imposed on any vehicle with specialized equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle displaying the Florida Toll Exemption permit.

• 1 month later...

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com and they charge $6.00 per day. You can go to the website and pay in advance and then owe nothing when you pick up the car.

They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com and they charge $6.00 per day. You can go to the website and pay in advance and then owe nothing when you pick up the car.

They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?

I think you need to look on the first few pages of this thread to see experiences and pics of this place. We were going to park there until we saw it and the surrounding people there. It is nothing like the two places at Port Everglades where you know your car will be fine. There is another place that people park that you will find in this thread. Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...

We are cruising in March 2014 and I've been researching parking options because POM parking is so high. We'll have 8 people in 2 cars driving two hours to get to the Port. My research is showing:

POM Cruise Parking dot com is $6 per day, shuttle is extra so not the cheapest if you use the shuttle. Mixed reviews but seems to have the most break-ins.

Safe Cruise Parking dot com is $8.60 per day (including tax) and shuttle is included for 4 people per car. Mixed reviews, in a temporary lot but moving back soon, Facebook page out of date, complaints of emails not being returned, phone not being answered, no voice mail, etc. That doesn't seem like good business to me.

Premier Parking Ventures (Premier Parking USA dot com) is $7.99 per day ($37 for 4 nights) with free shuttle included for up to 4 people. Seems to have many bad reviews on other sites.

Premeir Cruise Parking dot com - $43 for 4 nights, site says POM is "secure garage, self parking". Do they offer shuttle service?

I cannot find "netparkfly" site.

Global Airport Parking dot com - offers "uncovered self parking" (I don't want to valet park and hand my keys over) at Hilton Garden Inn near MIA for $4.25 per day, rated very highly on the site. Shuttle to POM? I can't find info at the site. Maybe because I'm tired from all the research. ;)

Airport Parking Reservations dot com - Embassy Suites - $33.32 for 4 nights, rated 4.3 out of 5 stars. Site states: "We also offer Cruise transportation to the MIAMI PORT: we have a 10:30am and 11:30am departures to the Port from the hotel. Please call hotel in advance (305-634-5000, ext 397) to reserve a spot on the cruise shuttle before parking at our property." Probably won't work for us as I can't guarantee we'll get there that early. While we can leave early enough, we may come across accidents on the highway that delay us.

Seems the best bet is for us two drivers to drop everyone off at the Port (you can get in there without paying? I guess as long as you don't park?) then go to a lot and take a shuttle back to the Port.

Any other updates or reviews?

There is a website which says they are the closest parking lot to the Port of Miami. Their website is: www.PortofMiamiCruiseParking.com .....They say they are within walking distance and their lot has a perimeter fence. Has anyone tried this?

Do you mean the open lot at 150 NE 7th ST? I have used them only as a last resort, however, everything went well. The shuttle then was $3pp round trip. I dropped off the bags and family, drove back to park, then took the beat up van to the ship. Half hour round trip. It is NOT walking distance, especially with bags, even to the closest ship. That is one long bridge to the port. Back then it was only $31.50/week. Don't bring your best car.

Can you share a link to what you found? It's super frustrating for the search function here to not work!!

I can recommend premiercruisepark@bellsouth.net , for Port Everglades and Miami. Their number is 800-435-3195. I have used them about five times, and while not perfect, they provide the best deal with the least hassle, very close to the ports.

Can you share a link to what you found? It's super frustrating for the search function here to not work!!

Luckily I only read a few threads and they were marked in red! It is this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1513994

Like Neptuno says, Premier Cruise Parking seems to be the best bet. Not perfect and not the cheapest, but the least negative reviews. They do have a shuttle, but I think I will drop everyone and the luggage off at the port and come back and park and take the shuttle myself. Use code 89898 to save $3 (if it still works). They open around 11 a.m. but you should be able to get in a little before then.

• 2 months later...

I'm always looking to save money. So I researched online, and Port of Miami Lot located at 150 NE 7th Street was the cheapest parking. We were leaving on a 7 day cruise and I really didn't want to pay the $20 a day parking at the cruise terminal. BIG MISTAKE!!! You get what you pay for!!!

First, when we arrived at the parking lot, couldn't find who was running the place. The guy was sitting in his car, on his phone. We arrived at the parking lot around 1:45pm, they didn't have any shuttles available, and I had to take a taxi. I guess part of that is my fault for being late, but I felt I should have been informed about the shuttle hours.

The area is very ghetto. When I returned from the cruise, I was supposed to see a rep from the company with a colored shirt, no one was there. Had to take a taxi back to the parking lot. When I got to the parking lot, I went to the entrance I had initially pulled into, but that was closed. I then had to walk all the way around the block. There were homeless people walking around and sleeping on the floor, and some other sketchy individuals walking around. I was terrified. The New Yorker in me, speed walked all the way to my car.

But the WORST part of my experience with Port of Miami Parking was yet to happen. As I quickly approached my vehicle, I was horrified to see a homeless man sleeping right next to my car (almost touching my car) on the driver’s side. In order to open the car door, I had to wake him up to move. I was terrified and scared for my safety. I quickly said “excuse me sir, I need to get in my car”. He replied “oh my, can’t believe they let you guys out so early”. We were the first to debark from the cruise at around 6:45am. He moved out of my way, and I quickly jumped in the car and locked my doors immediately. I then drove away in disbelief.

This business is very unprofessional. They don’t have a streamline process when you arrive. It seems like all they care about is getting their money not customer safety. I will never park there ever again, I regretted my decision. In the future, I will pay the $20 a day parking at the cruise terminal, it’s more convenient anyway. Unfortunately we had to learn the hard way. Don't make our same mistake!!!

Worst parking lot ever!!! :mad: