Port of Miami Parking

danf161

We used the one at 1415 NE 2nd Avenue. Easy to find once we got off the interstate. Drove up to the top, two vans were loading people, the guy takes your info and receipts and tells you where to park. We load up and got on the next van - easy peasy. There were 8 of us in 2 cars. The driver (Mike?) was very nice. The vans are old, but ours had A/C.

When we got off the ship, it took about 20 minutes for the van to come by. Had the same driver, very nice guy and he gave us directions for getting back on the interstate (we forgot to google map how to get back on it! lol). Our cars were fine.

I would use them again.

They are not licensed and no one will call you back or email you back. Our car was vandalized this past weekend, along with several others. They did nothing and told us "you can call the cops if you want." So we did and when I did the research, the City of Miami told me that this company was not licensed in the city or through the state. The tax collector has no record available for them. I WOULD NOT USE THEM. The address is 150 NE 7th St. DO NOT USE THEM. We are out $750 from the damage they caused.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello and good day to all; I have read several post here reguarding parking My wife and I will be taking our First ever cruise out of Miami in Dec. and we will be driving to florida from Virgina the reason is we will also be going to key west after the cruise for a week and then stopping at other places on the way back home it a 25 years wedding trip for us. and I have never been to miami so I know nothing about the area and as for saving money thats all and good but I also do not mind spending extra for safety and closeness to the ship, as a matter of fact the closer the better. we are now retired and have lots of time for each other now. so any and all info would be great, our travel person said we could park at the port it self but from what I think I am reading it sounds like a good bit of money, to be honest I want mind spending as long as she'll feel safe and we don't have to hall the bags around so I will look forward for some help thanks in advance Zack :)

Welcome to the boards Zack! :)

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure - but costs $20/day. :(

Parking anywhere else will not be as convenient, will likely not be covered and for sure will not be as secure. :eek:

Parking in downtown Miami, like parking in Philly, NYC, DC, etc. is expensive - hotels in downtown Miami and Miami Beach charge their guests $25-30+/day for parking. :eek:

There are some hotels near the MIA airport that offer cruise parking packages - none include a shuttle back to the hotel after the cruise, so figure $25-30 for a taxi to get back to your car plus the cost of the hotel.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources for hotels offering cruise parking deals. Budget options often suggested include the La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North. Better hotels in a better neighborhood are located in the Blue Lagoon area, but I do not think any include a shuttle to POM.

If it was me I would stay cheaper than you'll find in Miami - look somewhere 2+ hours or so north along I-95. Then drive to POM and park there - your hotel savings will take some of the sting out of the parking fees. ;)

While in Key West check out a casual, family run Cuban spot I have been enjoying for 30 or so years -- El Siboney. Good food/service and an inexpensive but authentic lunch out. :)

• 2 months later...
Welcome to the boards Zack! :)

Parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure - but costs $20/day. :(

Are there any issues with the port parking other than the cost?

Is there ever an issue with enough parking spaces at POM. and can one pay in advance?
Leaving 3/28 on the Reflection. Is there any reason to think the parking will be full?

Leaving 3/28 on the Reflection. Is there any reason to think the parking will be full?

You will have no trouble if you arrive after the current passengers have disembarked (guessing around 10:30 or later). They need to free up the spaces for all the new passengers!

Is there ever an issue with enough parking spaces at POM. and can one pay in advance?

From the official website: http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-transportation.asp#parking

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans' date=' recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

[b']
Hours and Access
[/b]

On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open and manned by a parking attendant from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only. Passengers pay upon arrival to Garage J and are given a decal to post in their vehicle for the duration of their cruise.

Rates

• Overnight Parking, per night
    : $20

• Short-term Parking
    : $7

• Vehicles longer than 20 feet
    : An additional $20 per day

Payment

All of our garages and Lot E accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or any major U.S. Traveler's Check. No debit cards are accepted.

For those considering off-site parking, here's a link to a consumer complaint that someone from the lot took their car on a 25 mile joy ride to the beach while they were cruising; sure hope they did not rack up any unpaid tolls or parking tickets! :eek: Of course the parking operator is playing dumb.

http://elliott.org/should-i-take-the...+%28Elliott%29

• 8 months later...

I am between choosing Safe parking co on 8th street or Premier parking on 2nd ave. I am not parking at the port. I have cruised out of Ft Lauderdale & Port Canaveral with great off port parking places. Surely one of these are fine to park at. Help me choose which one to go with???? I know everyone doesn't park at the port , come on people , help......

• 4 weeks later...
There is a company called Safe Parking Co. 650 n.w. 8th. st.,Miami, Fl. phone #1-877-754-1117. They are truly 8 minutes to the port, in a secure fenced lot. They provide a free shuttle to and from the port. You park the car yourself and keep the keys. I have already used them more than !2 times and never had a problem. I am booked there for 2 more cruises this Holiday season 2015. They are on Facebook. They have some rules, like when you get off the ship you wear a Happy Face sticker so the shuttle driver knows to pick you up the shuttle driver when he lets you off by the ship he will tell you where they will pick you up. Usually there is someone to greet you when you are returning off the ship. We tip the driver $1.00 each for everyone that uses the shuttle both ways. The driver loads you luggage onto and off the shuttle. You can book online. The parking lot is big. Enjoy your trip and do not worry if your car will be there when you return. These people are the BEST. Robert

this is not a good review, a few years back i tried this lot.

won't again, they show an empty lot on mapquest. when we got there the lot was almost full no marked off parking had to unload the car and put it in a spot that i could barely get out of the car. ist time its there fault 2nd would be mine, no thanks

I can truly say if you choose off site parking, it will probably depend on the day what level of service you get and how you feel afterwards. I just don't think you will get a clear, complaint free recommendation from people who have experienced what we did. We used Premier once and it was great. We were "sold" on them and booked with them right away for another cruise. Second time was a disaster, and I am not exaggerating. Standing in a line for a shuttle to get to the pier for over an hour just isn't acceptable to me. By the time we arrived at our ship, we had the fastest embarkation on record. There was no one in line by that point, and they rushed us on board. We used the other off site lot on another trip. We arrived and received quick transport to pier, even though the location seemed a bit shady. Our car was okay when we got back, but we called for a shuttle after the cruise, we waited until all other passengers were gone from pick up area. Port personnel came to ask if we needed help. We told them who we were waiting for, and they said, "Oh. Okay" It seemed they knew from previous experience what we were dealing with. We finally got to our car after more than 5 phone calls when we were told, "They are on their way." Our family has also used the off site parking in the locations you mentioned, and we never have any problems there, but when leaving from Miami we now bite the bullet and pay more. I hope your choice works better than ours.

• 1 year later...

I cruised on the Glory on the 5th to 12th November 2016. I parked at parking lot E. in the port of Miami. When I got back and went to pick up my truck. I went to the exit and I told the attendant that I had disabled Veterans plates. She looked at them, got a piece of paper, filled it out with my tag number and my drivers liscense. Signed it and left the lot at no cost to me. Paid nothing out for parking for the week!!! That was $140 plus!!!:) So, if you are a disabled veteran and have the plates you get to park for free at POM. My Plates are from Georgia!!!:p

I cruised on the Glory on the 5th to 12th November 2016. I parked at parking lot E. in the port of Miami. When I got back and went to pick up my truck. I went to the exit and I told the attendant that I had disabled Veterans plates. She looked at them, got a piece of paper, filled it out with my tag number and my drivers liscense. Signed it and left the lot at no cost to me. Paid nothing out for parking for the week!!! That was $140 plus!!!:) So, if you are a disabled veteran and have the plates you get to park for free at POM. My Plates are from Georgia!!!:p

The most important factor is having the Disabled Veteran plates; if only showing a blue hangtag you still must pay the fees per the PortMiami website:

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/parking-information.asp

Miami-Dade County Ordinance requires all guests with a disabled parking permit or license tag to pay standard parking rates except as provided by Florida State Law. However, two hours of complimentary parking will be provided to vehicles displaying a disabled parking permit or license tag.

In accordance with Florida Statute 316.1964, ONLY vehicles with specialized equipment such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls, for use by a person with a disability, or any vehicle that is displaying the “DV” license plate issued under s. 320.084 or the Florida Toll Exemption permit, is exempt from parking charges.

So good for you for speaking up. Hopefully others will see this message even though you posted it to a year-old thread on the subject of off-site parking.

• 4 weeks later...

We used safe cruise parking on a recent Panama Canal cruise. We were a little hesitant due to other posts but we did not leave our keys and our car was fine when we returned. We did have a slight issue when we arrived due to the large number of cars waiting. It was probably 45 minutes from the time we arrived until we got on the shuttle, but it was about 11:00 am and the shuttles were bringing passengers from arriving cruises too. When we returned, we waited for the shuttle about 5 minutes and then picked up passengers from another cruise line but it was not a problem. We saved money and were ok with them.

However, I agree that off site parking is much better at Ft Lauderdale or Port Everglades. Miami parking isn't the best.