Info/help from past cruisers please.

4xcruise

Hi all/anyone,

Did a Sun Princess cruise to the Pacific Islands a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Decided to try the bigger Diamond Princess to Asia next year. A few of our friends decided to join us; which is great.

I need advice on a couple of questions please.

Since I am booking for say up to 4 or 5 couples would "they" allow negotiations or better offers on the fares for the whole group? If so should I try going direct to Princess or through the regular cruise companies.

I suppose the "sweet spot" for rooms will be aft of the boat and above any entertaining areas in terms of movement and noise; anyone care to suggest some decks and room numbers.

Many thanks ahead.

4xcruise.

4xCruise:

Your best negotiations are with a TA and try and give your TA some latitude. I just booked a Hawaii cruise and by going 10 days earlier, my TA was able to get me the same pricing he had just negotiated for a group going on that cruise. Saved me over $1,000.

Thank you all.

Yes "Pam in CA" I am from Australia.

4xcruise

The rules are different for passengers from Australia. You should contact your TA regarding any group pricing. I'm not that familiar with what Australians can or cannot do. Regardless, what Americans can or have done don't apply to Australia. :(

I think the "sweet spot" on the Sun Princess is far aft on Aloha Deck (I had an 'inside' - A743) where you have easy access to the outside aft decks. You can go 'out' and up a flight of stairs to the Lotus Pool and hot tubs on Riviera Deck, and just up another flight of stairs to Sundowners and the hot tub (with a view) on Lido Deck.

Hi all/anyone,

Did a Sun Princess cruise to the Pacific Islands a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Decided to try the bigger Diamond Princess to Asia next year. A few of our friends decided to join us; which is great.

I need advice on a couple of questions please.

Since I am booking for say up to 4 or 5 couples would "they" allow negotiations or better offers on the fares for the whole group? If so should I try going direct to Princess or through the regular cruise companies.

I suppose the "sweet spot" for rooms will be aft of the boat and above any entertaining areas in terms of movement and noise; anyone care to suggest some decks and room numbers.

Many thanks ahead.

4xcruise.

Lower, miship decks are the most stable if that's a concern for anyone in your group.

Archived