Pandora, Chamilia or Trollbeads style bracelets?

psyfi

You can get Pandora at several jewellers in Philipsburg. I can't remember the names but you will have no trouble finding them.

They are slightly cheaper than here in Australia (this depends on our exchange rate at the time of travel of course) but I'm not sure what you pay in the US.

Use the search function on the St. Martin thread and you will find more info.

We bought some Pandora on Front Street and found them to be about 10% less, plus no tax - some places may negotiate for quantity.

Also bought some low cost fakes.

thank you for the somewhat condescending "Search function is our friend" comment. I did a search and found 2 posts that were a year old so I thought it was a valid question. Stores change, deals change.

Sorry if you took it that way... but most questions can at least be partly answered by searching past threads. Plus your original post didn't indicate you had already done a search and wanted to verify the prior posted information.

As I indicated, we were able to purchase Pandora at less than advertised prices. You may be able to work a better deal, especially on multiple items - I would suggest not paying list price. FYI - we declared them to US customs and paid no additional fees.

Looks like you will have an opportunity to come back here and report on what you find in St. Martin - I'm sure it would be appreciated by others who may have the same question. We will be on island again in Jan/Feb and I know we will pay another visit to the Pandora stores.

Hi,

You will find Chamillia, Pandora, and a few other brands at quite a few shops in downtown Philipsburg. I was there for a week last November and found a St. Martin charm and didn't buy it because the person I was with said "You can buy it online when you get home". BIG MISTAKE. I searched and searched and searched and could not find it for the life of me. SO, I'll be purchasing the charm (it says St. Martin and has a sailboat on it) when I'm there for Thanksgiving. Happy shopping!!

Laura

I just came back from an amazing weekend in St. Martin and wanted to add some info for those of you who collect Pandora charms like I do.

There is a relatively new Pandora flagship store on Front Street in Phillipsburg. It is a great store, but exactly like the ones you will find in the US. Unfortunately, there is NO discount at all, other than the small tax savings.

There are a handful of other stores that carry Pandora (they have signs in their windows), but none of them offer discounts either. I didn't try to haggle with them. They wouldn't come out and say it, but I suspect that since the Pandora store arrived they lost their ability to provide discounts.

Also, there were many vendors who sold troll, chamilia, and a couple of other brands I had never heard of.

On the up side, you can ask them to clean your Pandora bracelet for free. Mine came out great and looks just like new.

Oh, and I asked about destination only beads after the saleslady noticed my gold dice bead, which is only available in Las Vegas. She said they didn't have any special beads available and didn't know of any locations other than Vegas that offer special beads.

Hope this helps.

That helps! I'm actually after a couple Chamilia charms and even if they are not discounted, at least they will be connected to Caribbean memories :) Swarovski jewellery is like that too--no discounts anywhere :(

• 2 years later...

When next you're buying Pandora stuff

ask them for one of their cute little catalogs.

Mine measures just 4.25 x 5.25 ins. ... 80+ pages

so it's easily carried in a pocket while ashore as you go shopping.

1286770431_Finishedbracelet.jpg.a0481a65986f15d0d92ca084e0aa1c80.jpg

Pandora-st-patty.jpg.233eedf55d35d95e46d4a1dc68a856c3.jpg

Archived