How often does NCL offer the 50% deposit sale? More questions too....

cruisin07family

The current promo ends tomorrow and I'm not sure dh is ready to commit yet. How likely is another 50% deposit and OBC offer to be advertised within the next 2 or 3 months? We're looking at the NCL Jewel for next June if that matters.

If we book thru an online agency (not NCL directly), can I make specialty restaurant reservations or book excursions online or will I have to arrange all of that thru the online agency?

I've never understood what's so great about the 50% deposit sale....you just have to pay that much more at final payment time. it's not like they are DEDUCTING 50% of the deposit from the total cost of the cruise! Now OBC, that's another story, that's $$ that doesn't have to come out of my pocket, which is just fine!

I've never understood what's so great about the 50% deposit sale....you just have to pay that much more at final payment time. it's not like they are DEDUCTING 50% of the deposit from the total cost of the cruise! Now OBC, that's another story, that's $$ that doesn't have to come out of my pocket, which is just fine!

Can't say for everyone else, but for us because there are 5 of us, $625 is much easier to save than $1250 particularly with Christmas right around the corner. I like to make payments as I go rather than pay it all at final payment.

I've never understood what's so great about the 50% deposit sale....you just have to pay that much more at final payment time. it's not like they are DEDUCTING 50% of the deposit from the total cost of the cruise! ..

We are with you. If we can not afford the total cruise today, we don't book it. But, some people book things and then save up for it. Not passing judgment or opinion, just saying that is how some do it.

I agree with you 100%!!! I'd rather pay more up front, less at the end.

What's even better is if I decide to cancel before final pymt, I get that much more $$ back. ;) :D

Sorry I can't answer your question....but I was grateful for the reduced deposit. Since our cruise is not until next summer we were able to book for the four of us and we have 7 months to save. This works well for us since we are also saving for our on board wedding reception. It also gave our wedding guest who are paying for more than just themselves an incentive to book now at a cheaper down payment. For us folks who don't get to travel much and have to skrimp and save to do so, this is a good thing!..and OBC is just the icing on the cake.

Just got an email that there will be a 50% deposit and onboard credit sale starting next Tues. 11/9 until Friday 11/12.

We are already booked but that is good to know for our guest who have been invited not only to our wedding but to cruise with us. Perhaps it will be another incentive to book now instead of later.

Thanks!

Archived