anyone know how much a bottle of chateau ste. michelle costs on board?

slyster

Hi there...I recently tried the chateau st. michelle wine and am interested in possibly getting a wine package. It's $145.00 for 5 bottles so I was curious how much a bottle costs before I decided on which wine package to choose. Thanks!

Hi there...I recently tried the chateau st. michelle wine and am interested in possibly getting a wine package. It's $145.00 for 5 bottles so I was curious how much a bottle costs before I decided on which wine package to choose. Thanks!

2008396380069108448S600x600Q85.jpg

I don't know if prices have changed in 9 months.

Nor do I know if there is more than on Chateau St. Michelle on the list. This picture shows the merlot.

Might as well buy it by the bottle. Here is an analysis on another thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1129043&highlight=wine+package

Wow...thanks for sharing that. Definitely not worth buying a package...at least there's no point in doing it. Both bottles of wines we were interested in purchasing show $0.00 savings for 5 bottles. I have never seen that thread so thank you.

So you are referring specifically to the Riesling? You want to drink five bottles of Riesling during your cruise?

Then woof22 has done you a great service! ;)

I like the white zinfandel...I prefer more sweet wine and after feedback from others, I was told the chateau st. michelle reisling and white zinfandel were the closest they had.

The berringer white zinfandel is cheaper than the chateau st. michelle too so again, it's not worth it to buy a package...

I'm glad i saw that...it's a great resource for those considering buying the package!

The Chateau St Michelle reisling is one of the wines I enjoy, also. I decided to just purchase it by the bottle as well - that way I'm not tied to getting a certain number of bottles. If I decide to have a mixed drink rather than wine one night, I don't feel like I have to drink wine because I bought the package. I'm actually GLAD it worked out that way! :) But it's awful pricey for wine - when I can buy it for 1/3 that here at home! (I seldom buy wine at restaurants because of the mark-up.)

We won't be drinking much on this vacation, that's for sure!

I have a recent wine list and just looked it up.........it's $7.00 per glass, and $29.00 per bottle.

So, 5 bottles is not a good package.........since $145.00 equals $29.00 per bottle.

Unless the prices have gone up in the past two or three weeks, that is how new my list is!!

What a deal???????????:rolleyes::D:mad:

Rick

yeah...i can mix things up....I like a martini now and then...now i'm not tied to a wine package....I would have considered it if we saved money. I just recently found out I can take the wine back to my cabin so finishing a bottle of wine for two of us will be easy. That's why I considered the wine package. But price-wise with what i like, it's not worth it.

I like the white zinfandel...I prefer more sweet wine and after feedback from others, I was told the chateau st. michelle reisling and white zinfandel were the closest they had.

The berringer white zinfandel is cheaper than the chateau st. michelle too so again, it's not worth it to buy a package...

I'm glad i saw that...it's a great resource for those considering buying the package!

I'm not trying to be a wine snob, but you really can't compare St. Michelle's Reisling to white zinfandel. The St. Michelle Reisling is not as sweet as most other Reislings. White zinfandel is quite sweet.

We usually purchase the Platinum wine package because of the St. Michelle. We also like the Chilean and California reds on that package. We usually have two bottles in the dining room, one red and one white so we can have an appropriate wine with our main course choice. Another bottle of red lives in the cabin for lazy afternoons on the balcony with a room service cheese platter.

Archived