Yea, Eurodam. You Did it Great!

sail7seas

One of my favorite things on a cruise is a delicious Room Service Breakfast. We always used to have it until we got more disappointing breakfasts than good ones. DH started preferring Pinnacle and more often than not that is now his choice.

I certainly enjoy that and happily accompany him but my first choice is still Room Service. On some of our more current cruises, we could never get what we ordered delivered on time, hot and everything included. They just couldn't get it right and spoiled brat I sound like was disappointed.

Eurodam delivered three Room Service Breakfasts to us and all were PERFECT. Just what we ordered, everything we asked for cooked the way we requested and exactly on time.

I sooooo enjoyed my decaf coffee and whatever it was I ordered lazily out of bed not having had to dress, do hair and makeup and could enjoy the treat.

Eurodam Room Service is excellent. :)

Eurodam Room Service is excellent. :)

I agree! We had room service 9 out of 10 days during our cruise last month. Even though we usually wrote in things not on the card (oatmeal w/raisins & brown sugar, and fresh-squeezed OJ for example), breakfast arrived as ordered, everything at the proper temperature. (True, hot toast would have been nice ;) ) .

I agree with you totally. I did not use the room service but this is a wonderful ship with a very fine staff and crew and I was blessed to be on this fine ship two weeks ago. I would take this ship in a heartbeat. I might also add that this "R" class fan is looking forward to sailing the Nieuw AMSTerdam in February.

We haven't ordered room service in years. Food was always cold -- always late. One time we didn't even get our breakfast before we had to leave the ship shortly after 8 and breakfast was to have been delivered by 6:30 AM. We called -- the concierges called -- nothing.

JMO -- we also do not like having to bend down low to eat from the tray placed on the low coffee table.

I absolutely love room service breakfast! We've been fortunate, and have never had an order filled wrong. There was one time it looked like they gave us the whole pig for the bacon order :eek:, but hey, better to get too much than not at all! :D

We have been fortunate as well.

Crispy bacon(don't eat much in real life) and marmalade...such a happy combination ... this thread is making me "cruise homesick":D

We haven't ordered room service in years. Food was always cold -- always late. One time we didn't even get our breakfast before we had to leave the ship shortly after 8 and breakfast was to have been delivered by 6:30 AM. We called -- the concierges called -- nothing.

JMO -- we also do not like having to bend down low to eat from the tray placed on the low coffee table.

Sorry for you sad experience.

Try it again. As you can see here, many of us are very pleased with the Room Service, at least on Eurodam.

As to bending over a low table .......

In the Caribbean, why have you not had the steward bring the tray to your veranda to enjoy on the full size table outside in the glorious Caribbean air? :confused: I don't see any reason you couldn't have him bring the table into the cabin for you, if you prefer.

You are so right about enjoying those room service breakfasts. While we enjoy the MDR for breakfast on sea days, when we have an early shore excursion, or on disembarkation day, we always order room service.

We will be on the Westerdam for the first time in February on a Southern Caribbean cruise. We are looking forward to breakfast on the verandah.

So great to hear, as I am a big fan of room service, and I will be sailing on her in February.

A quick story about room service on the Veendam, when I sailed in August...

I ordered coffee for 8:30AM delivery but was up earlier than I expected so I phoned room service and asked if I could get my coffee earlier. They accomodated my request and then phoned 30 mins later to ask if 1) I received my coffee in a timely fashion and 2) if it was hot enough? Gotta love HAL!

Has anyone tried the Cabañas or the Oasis package offered on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean ? We are leaving the Nov. 20th cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

There are quite a number of threads devoted to this. Do a quick search. I booked one for our Feb sailing.

Archived