Princess day tour to Taj Mahal

windsor26

Has anyone done a cruise which stops in India somewhere (Cochin or Mumbai) and Princess offered a day trip to the Taj Mahal. If so do you have a rough price (our tours will not be available for many weeks) Was the tour worth it? was it toooooo tiring for such a long journey?

Any assistance to see whether we can spring for a large price would be appreciated.:)

Thanks I wold usually try to go private with some other cruisers but with the distance I would not like to risk missing the ship

It does involve air travel and costs several hundred dollars per person. A group from our World Cruise took the trip - hope they chime in with accurate info.

We didn't go as we had no strong desire to see it but the group love it.

M.A.

It does involve air travel and costs several hundred dollars per person. A group from our World Cruise took the trip - hope they chime in with accurate info.

We didn't go as we had no strong desire to see it but the group love it.

M.A.

Thank you Yvonne

I have just received this very help[ful information ona nother site No dollar cost yet though

Taj Mahal In A Day

Fly to Agra to visit one of the wonders of the world - the Taj Mahal. Shah Jehan ordered the mausoleum built as a tribute to his beloved consort Mumtaz Mahal. Some 20,000 laborers took over 22 years to complete this masterpiece.

MUMBAI TO AGRA

There will be a very early start as you leave the ship and proceed directly to Mumbai's airport. Sit back and relax during the two-hour flight to Agra. Soon, the thrill of anticipation mounts as your aircraft approaches its destination, and you are just minutes away from one of life's truly great experiences. Guides eagerly wait to take you by air-conditioned motorcoaches to that incredible work of art, the Taj Mahal.

YOUR TAJ MAHAL VISIT

The Taj, which was built as a tribute by Shah Jehan to his wife Mumtaz Mahal, is the greatest monument to love the world has ever known. Some 20,000 laborers took over 22 years to complete this masterpiece. Skilled artisans from countries as diverse as Persia, Turkey, France and Italy contributed their skills. Take a moment amid the bustle of activity to stand and reflect, as you sense the aura and majesty of a building that remains timeless.

LUNCH

A buffet-style luncheon will then be served at the Mughal Sheraton Hotel.

YOUR AGRA FORT VISIT

After lunch, continue to the imposing, red sandstone Agra Fort. This massive 16th-century structure was built by the Emperor Akbar; it houses numerous palaces and the Pearl Mosque, and offers views over to the Taj Mahal.

AFTERNOON TEA AND DINNER

Afternoon tea will be served back at the Mughal Sheraton; you may use the hospitality rooms before your late afternoon departure. A packed box dinner will be served aboard the aircraft during your return flight to Mumbai, where you will reboard the ship.

SPECIAL INFORMATION

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF PARTICIPATING ON THE TAJ MAHAL TOUR

PASSPORTS AND AIRLINE SECURITY SCREENING

You will need to travel with your passport while in India. When embarking the ship, passports are normally collected for immigration purposes; the Purser's Office onboard will advise where and when you can pick up your passport during the cruise. Inside of your passport, you will find some immigration papers that will need to remain with your passport. Passports and other belongings are the responsibility of each passenger and should be kept secure and not left on the tour buses.

Airline check-in will be completed prior to your arrival by our tour operator. You will be given your boarding pass at the airport before entering the Airport Security Area. Security screening is done in separate areas for men and women. After clearing security you can reunite with your traveling companions.

PROHIBITED ITEMS ON DOMESTIC FLIGHTS IN INDIA

Batteries of any type are not permitted in aircraft cabins in India - this includes batteries in cameras and video cameras. Knives, sharp instruments, scissors and nail clippers are also not permitted. Prior to departure, envelopes will be distributed in which you can place any prohibited items. These envelopes will be redistributed after your flight.

WHAT TO WEAR

The attire is casual for the entire trip. For places of worship, we recommend clothing that covers the shoulders and knees. Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes are essential. Include any medicines you require. Kleenex and wet-naps are useful as many of the restroom facilities are very basic and not the standard to which you may be accustomed. Bring a backpack or zippered tote to carry other essentials: sunglasses, hat, collapsible umbrella, sunscreen, camera and film.

VOLTAGE

The voltage in India is 220. Bring an adapter for recharging camera equipment or other items.

CURRENCY

The currency in India is the Indian Rupee. Money may be exchanged at hotels, and you should keep receipts for any money you do exchange. U.S. Dollars are accepted by many souvenir vendors, but we do recommend you have a small amount of local currency for small incidental purchases.

MOTORCOACHES AND RESTROOMS

The motorcoaches in India are generally older than motorcoaches found in other areas of the world. In Delhi and Mumbai, most motorcoaches will be air-conditioned; in Cochin, they will not be air-conditioned. Outside of the hotels and restaurants most of the restroom facilities will have Eastern style toilets. We suggest you carry Kleenex and wet-naps with you.

MEALS

All meals include a soft drink and/or bottled water. All other beverages will be payable in cash; therefore, please carry small denominations of local currency. We recommend you do not eat food items that may have been washed with non-bottled water such as lettuce, and fruit that does not require peeling. Beverages should be chilled and served without ice. When purchasing bottled water make sure the lid is securely attached. Some of the food may be spicy, so please recognize your own dietary restrictions when deciding what foods to eat.

PHOTOGRAPHY

Camera and video fees at the various venues are not included as part of the tour. Your tour guide will advise you of any restrictions, as well as the cost and method of payment. Normally, the guide will pay in rupees, and you can reimburse the guide in U.S. dollars. Video cameras are not allowed in the Taj Mahal. Still and video cameras are not allowed in the Taj Mausoleum.

VISITS TO THE TAJ MAHAL

Shoes must be removed when visiting the Taj Mahal, so bringing an extra pair of socks and a plastic bag to hold your shoes may be useful. No sharp objects, lighters or large bags are allowed inside. There will be a separate security check at the entrance for men and women.

WHAT IS INCLUDED

The tour price includes all flights and transfers; sightseeing as described; English-speaking guides; meals and beverages as specified; entrance fees as specified and airport taxes.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED

The tour price does not include additional refreshments, bottled water, telephone calls, gratuities, camera and video fees, charges for doctor's visits and prescriptions/medications and other miscellaneous items of a personal nature.

BOOKINGS AND CANCELLATIONS

This tour requires air tickets and hotels, and thus may not be available for booking once onboard. Passengers need to reserve this tour a minimum of 30 days in advance of the cruise. Due to prepayment for flights, the Taj Mahal tour is non-refundable 30 days prior to the cruise. Cancellations will not be accepted after this time.

SPECIAL NOTES

This tour must be reserved at least 30 days prior to the cruise and is non-refundable after booking. Any booking cancelled within 30 days of the voyage (i.e. bookings cancelled on the Cruise Personalizer) will be accessed cancellation fees on your shipboard account.

Your fare includes the following:

* Sightseeing as described subject to timing

* Transportation via motorcoach and plane

* English speaking guide

* Meals as stated

* Entrance fees

Your fare does not include the following:

* Refreshments

* Telephone calls

* Gratuities

A minimum number of participants are required to operate this tour.

All sightseeing is subject to flight arrival times; itinerary may be modified.

The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays and the order of the tour may vary to accommodate visits when the site is open.

By all means if you can get to theTaj, do it. I flew from Bombay to New Delhi, spent the night, and hired a driver to get to Agra. A greatr experience, but a direct flight to Agra would havebeen somucheasier. I'm glad I did it, but I must say it was a bit of a let down, but you must see for yourself, as with everything else in life.

Yes I think to visit India and not take the opportunity to go to the Taj would be mad as we may not get to India again The Princesws day trip is said to take 15 hours 2 of which are a flight and we also visit Agra itself. I just would like to know the price so I can factor this into my budget:confused:

• 3 years later...
Yes I think to visit India and not take the opportunity to go to the Taj would be mad as we may not get to India again The Princesws day trip is said to take 15 hours 2 of which are a flight and we also visit Agra itself. I just would like to know the price so I can factor this into my budget:confused:

Did you ever make it to the Taj Mahal? I'm just starting to plan a trip on Princess (or possibly HAL or Oceania) but not much infor is available. We're planning on going in April 2015.

Mind if I ask how much did it cost, good and any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Did you ever make it to the Taj Mahal? I'm just starting to plan a trip on Princess (or possibly HAL or Oceania) but not much infor is available. We're planning on going in April 2015.

Mind if I ask how much did it cost, good and any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

I believe another poster has mentioned the price at present.\No we did not get to the Taj but members of our trivia team went with Princess. They really loved it although they were bushed when they returned and unfortunately one group who got a different plane which was delayed and they were given a meal all went down with delhi belly.

We did a private tour of Macchu Piccu instead and this was fabulous I think I will save the Taj until we do a land holiday in India and savour the time instead of a rush

I believe another poster has mentioned the price at present.\No we did not get to the Taj but members of our trivia team went with Princess. They really loved it although they were bushed when they returned and unfortunately one group who got a different plane which was delayed and they were given a meal all went down with delhi belly.

We did a private tour of Macchu Piccu instead and this was fabulous I think I will save the Taj until we do a land holiday in India and savour the time instead of a rush

Thanks. I saw the other post.

We just back from a South America cruisetour to Machu Picchu. We also made it to Rio for the Christ the Redeemer visit so we got two more of the seven wonders completed! We're trying to see if we can visit both the Taj Mahal and Petra (Jordon) on our next excursion. We're also collecting data on land tours as well.

Thanks again.