Back to back cruises

oliverbc

I have a big birthday in January. My dilemma is 10 days on Zandaam ( 3times already) or back to back Oosterdamn . Both leave and return to San Diego. I am leaning towards oosterdaam because I can probably afford a balcony. Any info I should consider. Thanks folks.

I have a big birthday in January. My dilemma is 10 days on Zandaam ( 3times already) or back to back Oosterdamn . Both leave and return to San Diego. I am leaning towards oosterdaam because I can probably afford a balcony. Any info I should consider. Thanks folks.
I'd suggest the Oosterdam, just to see if you like the larger ship more or less than the Zaandam. BTW, it's Zaandam, not Zandaam.

I dont care for large ships and would go with the smaller one everytime.

As for a balcony out of San Duego.. I assume your going to Mexico... Your not going to be able to see a lot.. as you sail 50 miles off shore most of the time.

So askyourself.... what would you do with a balcony , VS saving the money and using it for out of cabin experiences with other people.

Ok... I will be doing 2, 7 day cruises on the same ship. Week1 in an inside and week 2 in an outside on totaly different decks. Hollands idea not mine... paid for week 2 in an inside..but they put me in an outside veranda they call a VA? becaues they could not accomodiate me in the same inside cabin for the 2 weeks. Can't figure out this....seems weird.

How about cabin swaps... like if I found someone in my week 2, week 1 cabin could I swap ? ( you give me your J and I give you my VA)

How do they move you.... what do you do with the luggage..... collect it on shore then re-board ??? What do I do??? Do I have to leave the ship or just the cabin. ?

Your sage advice as to how to handel

Your idea of swapping won't work because you will have to vacate your cabin before the new group of cruisers board.

Stewards will help you. They will bring rolling rack for all your hanging clothes and the drawers are interchangeable so you will be able to leave the things in your drawers and they will swap out the empty ones in the new cabin.

The only things you will have to 'pack' are counter top items such as cameras, laptop etc and your toilet articles in the bathroom.

It won't take you long or much work to move. You will not have to pack your luggage as though you were leaving the ship.

You will, however, have to leave the ship to clear Immigration on your turnaround day. You will have to go into the terminal and present your passport and then wait until the ship is fully zeroed down..... that being all guests who are leaving have done so. You then can go back aboard without going through the whole check in process. You will bypass lines and only have to go through the x-ray security and then right back aboard.

Hawaiidan,

Your one week with the upgrade, then second week inside to what you paid for, sounds like a great deal to me. I wouldn't hesitate to move between the two weeks. The little bit of inconvenience of moving will be worth it. Lucky you!

Do they offer the B2B as a "collector's" 14 night cruise? I have booked both of my B2B cruises as 14 night cruises and the rate was less than booking the 2 cruises separately. Of course, you automatically have the same room for both parts. Another benefit if you own Carnival stock is that you get a larger onboard credit for the 14 night cruise vs two 7 night cruises.

Do they offer the B2B as a "collector's" 14 night cruise? I have booked both of my B2B cruises as 14 night cruises and the rate was less than booking the 2 cruises separately. Of course, you automatically have the same room for both parts. Another benefit if you own Carnival stock is that you get a larger onboard credit for the 14 night cruise vs two 7 night cruises.

Some of the back-to-back cruises are listed as Collector's Cruises -- others are not.

I've spoken with HAL. Best from her point of view. Jan 15-22 and 22-29. Go guarantee and let inventory find two weeks in one cabin. The cheapest verandah I went for is in the bow or stern can't remember where there is steel on the verandah.That doesnt sound appetizing. Still thinking.

It is not, 'of course, you will automatically have the same room' for all b-to-b's. We book our b-to-b's many months in advance to know we will have the same cabin. Some of our b-to-b's are now listed as Collector's and others are not. That, also, is not automatic.

Decision made. I phoned my travel medical provider and learned that I am not covered for this trip because my medication was changed one month ago and you have to be 3 months stable before booking not sailing. Also I was referred to a cardiologist but have not seen him because I am not deemed an emergency. Good thing I called and checked. Not giving up on cruise. Just not in January

Archived