Help with Customer Service

roberts2005

I am posting this after no respose from Azamara.

I am looking for help from someone who may have had the same situation. On our recent cruise on the Quest on September 20th, which by the way was wonderful. Staff was outstanding, no problems with food.

At one of the evening outdoor barbecues, where the theme was to wear white, one of the wait staff dropped a tray and spilled red wine over myself and my wife. The hotel manager came by and apologized and said the items would be cleaned. In the process of cleaning my wife's outfit was ruined. It was actually sent back with a large hole where the chemical treatment burned through. In several meetings with the head house keeper we were told that the only thing they were allowed to do was a ship board credit of $100.00. It did not matter the cost of the item. We would have to send a claim into the home office. A form was completed and sent in. After not hearing from anyone, I called last week. After speaking with someone I was transferred to another person's voicemail. No one has called back. Any advice

We took the $100.00 obc. The outfit was new and cost $250.00. The receipt was at home.

Well, that is good, so I assume you are looking for the $150.00 difference. Azamara is pretty good regarding responding within a reasonable time frame.

Hi

You have said that the cleaning process created a hole. Depending on where the hole and the size is can you apply a fabric decoration that would cover it? Maybe a flower or a few dots/squares artfully placed.

If not I hope you can get a good response from AZ.

Carol

I am posting this after no respose from Azamara.

I am looking for help from someone who may have had the same situation. On our recent cruise on the Quest on September 20th, which by the way was wonderful. Staff was outstanding, no problems with food.

At one of the evening outdoor barbecues, where the theme was to wear white, one of the wait staff dropped a tray and spilled red wine over myself and my wife. The hotel manager came by and apologized and said the items would be cleaned. In the process of cleaning my wife's outfit was ruined. It was actually sent back with a large hole where the chemical treatment burned through. In several meetings with the head house keeper we were told that the only thing they were allowed to do was a ship board credit of $100.00. It did not matter the cost of the item. We would have to send a claim into the home office. A form was completed and sent in. After not hearing from anyone, I called last week. After speaking with someone I was transferred to another person's voicemail. No one has called back. Any advice

Dear roberts2005,

I want to apologize for the difficulty you’ve experienced trying to speak to someone in customer service about your wife’s outfit that was ruined during the outdoor barbecue. I forwarded to them a copy of your specific post to point out a shortcoming in their communication procedures and also to contact you directly. Unfortunately, they were not able to track down your contact information which is especially difficult from Cruise Critic posts. Please email Customer Service at AzamaraCustomerService@AzamaraClubCruises.com and in the Subject state: Cruise Critic, Quest - Sep 20, Ruined Dress, so that your message will be easily identified and then can be resolved by one of our skilled and responsive associates. I’m hopeful that this frustrating interlude will not dull your enthusiasm to vacation with Azamara again and again.

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer

Azamara Club Cruises

*(Note – The Chief Blogging Officer is an authorized and compensated representative of Azamara Club Cruises.)

Post and or send Azamara pictures with a detailed explanation. They will probably give you your requested value. If not, Travel insurance will pay for it.

Read the entire thread. Azamara acknowledged the problem onboard but only gave $100.00 OBC, especially since the OP did not have the receipts with them. They were told to direct a request for the additional amount to the home office. Now that they are home (and have their receipt) they sent all of the info and it looks like it is being resolved.

Update

Azamara finally tracked down my claim. They were very cooperative on the phone and apologetic. A short phone call and they are crediting $150.00 to my credit card. Thank you Cruise critic and everyone else for their comments.

Azamara really came through.

Update

Azamara finally tracked down my claim. They were very cooperative on the phone and apologetic. A short phone call and they are crediting $150.00 to my credit card. Thank you Cruise critic and everyone else for their comments.

Azamara really came through.

Hi Roberts !

Glad to hear Azamara came through for you, and you are pleased. Thanks for letting us know !

Archived