Transportation from Manhattan to Newark Airport after a cruise?

elena7seas

We are coming home through New York after our next cruise and want to stay in New York for a few days to go to the theatre and the Met. Coming home, we will be flying out of Newark.

What is the most convenient way to get from the Times Square area to Newark Airport? Convienience is probably a bit more important than saving money, as my DH gets a little testy if travel arrangements are too complicated.

If the answer is car service, can anyone suggest a reliable service that they have used from Manhattan to Newark Airport?

If weather becomes an issue (early February), what would be the least complicated, but most reliable way to get to Newark Airport.

I have looked at this issue on the East Coast Departures board, but the suggestions became so complicated that my head was spinning, so I thought I'd come to the most reliable place I know...the Celebrity Board.

;)

FWIW, we haven't flown into or out of Newark Airport before.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Taxi's are always available but not cheap. We took a car service from the Manhatten port terminal to LaGuardia and it was $75.00 (including tip). We split it between the other couple that was with us and it was very convenient. Newark is much further.....:confused::confused::confused:

Try the link for Go Airlink Shuttle on the site I gave you....plug in the date/time/airport/hotel/passenger #/pieces of luggage.......it will give you prices and a variety of options........They are very reasonable. Just leave yourself extra time if you are going to the airport weekdays and of course during rush hour:eek:.......Marty

Try the link for Go Airlink Shuttle on the site I gave you....plug in the date/time/airport/hotel/passenger #/pieces of luggage.......it will give you prices and a variety of options........They are very reasonable. Just leave yourself extra time if you are going to the airport weekdays and of course during rush hour:eek:.......Marty

Thanks Marty.

Taxi's are always available but not cheap. We took a car service from the Manhatten port terminal to LaGuardia and it was $75.00 (including tip). We split it between the other couple that was with us and it was very convenient. Newark is much further.....:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for you reply.

I think, rather than leaving ourselves open to a huge taxi fare, in case of heavy traffic, it would be better for us to hire a car service at a fixed rate. I am still looking for information from cruisers who have had a good experience with a car service from Manhattan to Newark.

We've used Dial7 (www.dial7.com) to go from Manhattan to the Port of Bayonne and I just checked their website and they also go to Newark. Price is about $50, plus tolls/tips.

We've been to New York many times, always staying in Manhattan, and usually just grab a cab or a car service (called/recommended by the hotel we are staying at) when we have to go to the airport (usually JFK) for about the same amount, $50 + T/T.

If you are staying in a hotel I recommend you let them take care of it for you, I'm sure they work with reputable companies. Just make sure you know the price in advance.

Just last week we used a car service from a EWR hotel to Bayonne port. We did as a previous poster recommended and asked the hotel. They arranged Signature Limo. Their web site says they are located in Manhattan. They were prompt, professional and the price quoted included tolls and tip.

We are coming home through New York after our next cruise and want to stay in New York for a few days to go to the theatre and the Met. Coming home, we will be flying out of Newark.

What is the most convenient way to get from the Times Square area to Newark Airport? Convienience is probably a bit more important than saving money, as my DH gets a little testy if travel arrangements are too complicated.

If the answer is car service, can anyone suggest a reliable service that they have used from Manhattan to Newark Airport?

If weather becomes an issue (early February), what would be the least complicated, but most reliable way to get to Newark Airport.

I have looked at this issue on the East Coast Departures board, but the suggestions became so complicated that my head was spinning, so I thought I'd come to the most reliable place I know...the Celebrity Board.

;)

Cabs are easiest if $$. From the Port Authority bus Terminal@ 42nd & 8th Ave there are airport buses. http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-public-transportation.html#bus This is the link for public transport. Your hotel will probably have a list & may possibly be on a pick-up route for Newark> Contact Guest relations @ your hotel. As for car service tried & true Carmel Taxi 212-777-7777-black car limo svc very reliable.

Enjoy your stay

Carole

Hi

We flew into Newark for a weeknd break in NYC in June. We used the Super Shuttle which provided an effiecient service and was reasonably priced, cant remember how much exactly, but cheaper than a cab.

http://www.supershuttle.com/en/EWRAirportShuttleNewYork.html

Hope it helps

wilko987:cool:

;)

As you might imagine, car services are the life blood of NYC- one of the Largest and reliable is Carmel- if you fly American you can get AA points- also you can take a train from Penn Station to Newark internatonal- and switch to the airport tram

a car service will cost about 60-80 depending on time of day and i think the trian is about 20 buck a person- weaather issues- go with the train

Thanks to everyone. I have printed out this thread and will take it with me. We will do as suggested and get our hotel to recommend a car service, but it is great to know the names of recommended services, and the appropriate costs before going.

It's also really helpful to know the best method in case of weather difficulties.

Thanks again to everyone who helped us out. Cruise Critic is the greatest:D.

Archived