Oriana delayed into Sydney

megsie

Just been contacted, Oriana arriving later - now 10.00am tomorrow in Sydney. Updated at 2.45pm 3.11.10. by Carnival.

Boarding will be later acccording to deck allocation A deck - 2.30pm,

B deck - 3.00pm, C & D decks - 3.30, E & F decks - 4.00pm. All boarding

to be completed by 6.00pm. Will sail from Sydney as scheduled.

Hi megsie, have a great time. My two aunties will be having lunch on her tomorrow. They will be the ones kicking and screaming when it's time to leave.

are they going to the fund raiser?

Just been contacted, Oriana arriving later - now 10.00am tomorrow in Sydney. Updated at 2.45pm 3.11.10. by Carnival.

Boarding will be later acccording to deck allocation A deck - 2.30pm,

B deck - 3.00pm, C & D decks - 3.30, E & F decks - 4.00pm. All boarding

to be completed by 6.00pm. Will sail from Sydney as scheduled.

My mum and dad are on this cruise....Interesting to note that departure time is midnight...the best thing about sailaway is sailing out of the harbour late afternoon/dusk, so what a shame they wont really get any of the magic of a busy harbour....odd...i have never heard of ships leaving that late..i wonder if thats normal....:rolleyes:

My mum and dad are on this cruise....Interesting to note that departure time is midnight...the best thing about sailaway is sailing out of the harbour late afternoon/dusk, so what a shame they wont really get any of the magic of a busy harbour....odd...i have never heard of ships leaving that late..i wonder if thats normal....:rolleyes:

there are some that leave late.

Sapphire Princess 23-Oct-2010 20:00

and this one is booked to leave late

Amsterdam 14-Nov-2010 20:00

and next year there are several cruise ships booked to leave late.

It happens Jas. On our NZ cruise our schedule in Auckland was arrival 8am and our scheduled departure time was 11.59 pm and that was when we left!

(Probably if we left after midnight they would have had to pay another day's port fees.)

We have sailed several times on sectors of the P & O UK ships (Aurora, Arcadia) when they are on their world cruises (as is the Oriana this time).

They often leave at midnight to allow their passengers to attend an evening performance at the Opera House.

Don

Just did a last minute check of cruise personaliser and the upgrade fairy has been busy. Upgraded to balcony - the bad news is we have to get off in Brisbane!

Please tell me you are only doing a 2 nighter....i would hate to think you have booked longer and they have overbooked or something...

I suppose that makes sense about maximising the amount of time they had in Sydney, i keep forgetting its on a world cruise... I suppose if it was actually starting the cruise in Sydney it would leave at a regular time :)

The Oriana always leaves that late when she's here (I know someone who has done the Syd-Bris sector a couple of times). So did Oceana. It seems to be quite common with the bigger visiting ships, particularly when on a world cruise.

Hope your mum & dad have a great time. Are they going all the way to Southampton?

I would looooove to cruise on Oriana.

The Oriana always leaves that late when she's here (I know someone who has done the Syd-Bris sector a couple of times). So did Oceana. It seems to be quite common with the bigger visiting ships, particularly when on a world cruise.

Hope your mum & dad have a great time. Are they going all the way to Southampton?

Hi Karen,

I asked the officers on Rhapsody why their ships leave later than the rest.

He said the OPT can only accommodate one truck load of supplies at a time because of space restrictions and this slows down everything from waste removal to provisioning the ship.really when you think of it the OPT is a bit restrictive.

Col

No Karen, i think they would kill each other if they were stuck on a ship that long, they are going to Hong Kong... :)

Just got a message from my parents they have been upgraded to a suite. Complete with spa bath, flowers, huge balcony and french champagne..not bad considering they booked an oceanview deluxe.

Looks like the upgrade fairy has been nice to everyone :)

not bad considering they booked an oceanview deluxe.

Looks like perhaps we have gone into their cabin from an inside. I reckon they should invite us into their suite for a drink :):):D

Barry

not bad considering they booked an oceanview deluxe.

Looks like perhaps we have gone into their cabin from an inside. I reckon they should invite us into their suite for a drink :):):D

Barry

Ahhh yes Barry, good point. I was telling them about you and your upgrade...They are completely gobsmacked at the fact they have been upgraded so i am sure they will be more than happy to share it with others...Lee and Barry are their names, If by chance you do come across them tell them `Jason said they had to share their suite with you for a few balcony drinks` :)

Just got a message from my parents they have been upgraded to a suite. Complete with spa bath, flowers, huge balcony and french champagne..not bad considering they booked an oceanview deluxe.

Looks like the upgrade fairy has been nice to everyone :)

Wow, that's great Jas. Are they going to Southampton or just part way?

Hi Karen,

I asked the officers on Rhapsody why their ships leave later than the rest.

He said the OPT can only accommodate one truck load of supplies at a time because of space restrictions and this slows down everything from waste removal to provisioning the ship.really when you think of it the OPT is a bit restrictive.

Col

That's interesting info, Col. I must say, what I have seen & my limited experience, I've always thought arling Harbour to be more organised than OPT.

That's interesting info, Col. I must say, what I have seen & my limited experience, I've always thought arling Harbour to be more organised than OPT.

Hi Karen,

Yes I agree.When I sailed on Jewel in August I thought the the temporary set up at wharf 5 Darling Harbour was more organised than wharf 8 .Its more spacious and traffic flowed much better.

Col:)

Hi Karen,Yes I agree.When I sailed on Jewel in August I thought the the temporary set up at wharf 5 Darling Harbour was more organised than wharf 8 .Its more spacious and traffic flowed much better.Col:)

Lets hope they have learned their lesson and the new facility at Whites Bay will be superb.

Case of third time lucky??:rolleyes:

Hi Karen,

Yes I agree.When I sailed on Jewel in August I thought the the temporary set up at wharf 5 Darling Harbour was more organised than wharf 8 .Its more spacious and traffic flowed much better.

Col:)

I thought wharf 8 was very organised too. The one time we sailed from OPT.....absolute chaos.

Archived