The Silence on the Diamond drydock is deafening

salty56

Has anyone any idea of what was changed on the Diamond in drydock. The silence from princess is amazing, maybe they are a little embarrased at what they haven't done. They are creating two different types of vessels in the one class, the haves and the have nots.

Has anyone any idea of what was changed on the Diamond in drydock. The silence from princess is amazing, maybe they are a little embarrased at what they haven't done. They are creating two different types of vessels in the one class, the haves and the have nots.
Huh? It's pretty well-known what they are doing; and I'm not sure what you mean by "haves and have nots." There have been several threads about the Diamond's dry dock.

the haves and the have nots? That's new to me. It's not like they're putting in a Cunard Grill class - or are you referring to the Sanctuary?

The haves are the ships that are fitted with all the latest upgrades eg, Vines, IC, MUTS and sanctuary etc. The have nots are exactly that, the ones who are not getting all the upgrades only some. It's a very old expression.

I've read all the posts re the upgrade and there isn't one that knows definately whats going on. If you know please let us all know.

do you have to pay for a spot in the sanctuary, exactly what is it? I noticed from pics, its lounge chairs maybe by a pool? is it worth the extra charge?

Charge is $10 for a half day, $20 for a full day. It is a place to get away from the have-nots.;) It offers peace and quiet in a more serene setting than a lounge next to MUTS. For a sea day a lot of people (the haves:)) enjoy it.

MUTS and the Sanctuary. No IC or Vines. A major facelift with carpets, bedding and paint. You can see the new deck plans if you go to the Princess web site and look in the 2011 Alaska sailing brochure. We sail her on the 19th out of Beijing. I was hoping to see a posting from someone that just got on her in Singapore for a full update but so far there have been no postings on here. Hope this helps.

has anyone any idea of what was changed on the diamond in drydock. The silence from princess is amazing, maybe they are a little embarrased at what they haven't done. They are creating two different types of vessels in the one class, the haves and the have nots.

eh?

do you have to pay for a spot in the sanctuary, exactly what is it? I noticed from pics, its lounge chairs maybe by a pool? is it worth the extra charge?

Charge is $10 for a half day, $20 for a full day. It is a place to get away from the have-nots.;) It offers peace and quiet in a more serene setting than a lounge next to MUTS. For a sea day a lot of people (the haves:)) enjoy it.

Or $15 per day if you book the Sanctuary for the entire length of the cruise (which is what we usually do when possible).

The haves are the ships that are fitted with all the latest upgrades eg, Vines, IC, MUTS and sanctuary etc. The have nots are exactly that, the ones who are not getting all the upgrades only some. It's a very old expression.

I've read all the posts re the upgrade and there isn't one that knows definately whats going on. If you know please let us all know.

I guess most Princess ships will always remain among the "have nots" then. The IC is nice but not a deal-breaker and I can certainly live without Vines and MUTS and never notice they're not there. I'd much rather ships have enclosed, weather-protected pool areas, dedicated movie theaters, the Adagio Lounge, etc., which are MY "haves". Good thing there are choices.

I love the Diamond just the way she is! The IC Is nice, but certainly not a deal breaker for me either. I would be happy to sail on the Diamond anytime and certainly could never imagine feeling like a "have not" on such a beautiful ship.

They did put in the $20 /day Sanctuary but I'm not paying for it. They put in MUTS to make noise all day so you'll pay for quiet? I'll show them. Ear plugs are 50 cents a pair. :mad:

Well, I'll be your counterbalance on these drydock additions then. I'm looking forward to MUTS on the Diamond (it'll be my third voyage on the Diamond when we board in January) and am more than willing to pay the $180 each that it'll cost us for the sanctuary for the 12 days from Sydney to Auckland.

Archived