Pizza program ??

KevinsCruising

great... yet one more way i can successfully avoid wasting any calories while on board... gee wiz.. how hard is it to walk to the 24/7 pizza joint?

Unlike Carnival or some other lines, I don't think there's a 24/7 pizza joint that you can walk up to. On NCL I believe that the 24/7 pizza has only been available through room service. Otherwise pizza is typically only available in the buffet or certain restaurants at meal time. Personally I think they should have improved their pizza and gone to a late hours pizza place as opposed to the delivery. They certainly better be delivering a much improved pizza if there is a fee for it since the pizza in the buffet and even the surcharge italian (actually it was even worse there) has generally been pretty bad on every NCL cruise we've been on.

As much as I like the buffet food on the Epic the pizza on the buffet was average at best. I've had better frozen pizzas.

The pizza in the buffet, on the Dawn a few weeks ago, was very much improved from the past. To me it was approaching what I remember from Carnival. With Colin Hudson as the Executive Chef, all of the food seemed just a notch better than I remember from past cruises.

I got a chance to see some of the "room service" pizzas being made on the Epic and they looked pretty good.

PE

Any chance they've improved the room service pizza on the non-Epic ships? The room service pizza I had on the Jewel in January was hands-down the worst pizza I've ever had. It was very disappointing, considering the food on NCL is generally pretty good.

so if I'm following this... I can be in my cabin and order room service pizza and get that delivered for free (+tip)... I can lounge by the pool and order a pizza and they'll bring it to me for $5 (+tip)...

and of course while walking back to my cabin I may pass by a couple of restaurants and such serving food... but when I gotta have my pizza I gotta have my pizza!

so if I'm following this... I can be in my cabin and order room service pizza and get that delivered for free (+tip)... I can lounge by the pool and order a pizza and they'll bring it to me for $5 (+tip)...

and of course while walking back to my cabin I may pass by a couple of restaurants and such serving food... but when I gotta have my pizza I gotta have my pizza!

No. The room service pizza on the Epic is $5.00 and on all other ships it is free. But, know that you are getting a better pizza on Epic.

PE

I've found the pizza to vary by ship and be inconsistent. The best I've had on any cruise ship (IMO) was on the Star about a year ago and I told the Hotel Director.

Then about 8 months later I was on the Sun and the buffet pizza was just o.k. at best, the Il Adaggio pizza was o.k. and the pizza in Pacific Heights was just a bit better than average.

Have not yet sailed on the Epic (Feb 2011) but on other NCL ships have yet to find pizza worth eating (lots of better choices).

The 24/7 pizza on the Epic was very good--much better than any "regular" room service pizza on the other ships. We used to order one from the Italian restaurant on the Gem & Dawn and go pick it up. That pizza was really good too. On the Epic, pizza is not available at the Italian restaurant, but it is available 24/7 delivered. That's a great idea and one I hope will become a reality on the Jewel by the time we're on her in June!

We love a late-night pizza now & again! :-)

Is it a whole pizza (about how big?) or just a slice? Would they make 1/2 cheese and 1/2 sausage? Thanks!!

Believe it is a 12-inch pie and want to say there were only a few choices: cheese, pepperoni and the daily special. On the Epic, I saw people having pizzas delivered everywhere to the bowling lanes, pool etc. The delivery guy looked and dressed like our local delivery guy -- hat, pouch to keep the pizzas warm etc.

I know members of the roll call the week prior to our sailing also had a pizza party in Bliss after their Meet and Greet.

I feel the awesomeness that is Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans more than makes up for the lack of decent pizza on board.

although I agree that Blue Lagoon is a great alternative for food.....

Come on!

How hard is it to make a decent Pizza?

I've been on Princess, HAL and Carnival besides NCL (my first choice cruiseline) and NCL's Pizza is by far the worst.

If other cruiselines can make a decent/good/very good pizza- so can NCL.

I think pizza is one of those things that has a lot to do with personal taste. We have a couple of restaurants here that make the best pizza I've ever had - I saw one of them listed in an airline mag once as having the best pizza in Canada and I don't doubt it. I've had friends in Chicago and New York try to 'prove' to me that their pizza is better and - to ME - it wasn't. For me, it's all about the sauce, and our local fare is hands down my favourite.

So... my daughter, whose taste in pizza is often questionable at best, loves the room service pizza on NCL. I would call it 'acceptable' for what it is. I've never had the pizza at LaCucina, because I suspect the sauce will be too 'tomato-y' for me. The sauce used in the family pizza making was definitely stronger than my liking.

My point is just that some might think the pizza is great and others might think it's atrocious. We'll never know for ourselves until we taste it.

Now... for the pizza on Epic... my understanding is that they had regular room service pizza AND the delivery pizza and they were different (size, selection, quality)... did I get that wrong?

Archived