"Port" or "Sherry"...Considered Wine ?..to Bring on Board

jaja

My DH..drinks port and sherry ....does NCL consider it wine..? I realize I would pay corkage...jsut want to know if I can bring it!!!

OR...has anyone purchased via "bar set up" ?

According to Wikipedia, port is definitely a wine. Sherry is called a 'fortified wine' because sherry is added to the wine. I think most port and sherry bottles resemble wine bottles. Good luck.....

Port and sherry are both wines.

I think the OP and everyone on this thread knows and agrees that they are. I read the OP as asking whether NCL understands that they are wines (not an unreasonable question, given that lots of folks probably don't know that port and sherry are wines).

I would suggest to the OP giving NCL a call and confirming there will be no problem (that NCL knows these are wines and that you can bring them on and pay the corkage); I'd keep a note of who you talked to and when.

Port and sherry are both wines.

According to Wikipedia, port is definitely a wine. Sherry is called a 'fortified wine' because sherry is added to the wine. I think most port and sherry bottles resemble wine bottles. Good luck.....

I would consider it wine. Don't know what NCL considers it. :D

thanks all..:)---yes..I consider them wine...but sometimes wonder about the guys who sit at that table :rolleyes: and what they know.......

I think the OP and everyone on this thread knows and agrees that they are. I read the OP as asking whether NCL understands that they are wines (not an unreasonable question, given that lots of folks probably don't know that port and sherry are wines).

I would suggest to the OP giving NCL a call and confirming there will be no problem (that NCL knows these are wines and that you can bring them on and pay the corkage); I'd keep a note of who you talked to and when.

If the OP calls NCL they will probably say "you cannot bring any wine on-board." The NCL reps usually won't disclose, or don't know about the corkage fee. I'm sure they won't know the difference between wine & port and sherry. :rolleyes:

I would take it anyway and if the crewmember (usually a member of the bar staff) collecting the fee questions it you could as to speak to a bar manager who I'm sure would approve the corkage fee on port & sherry.

If the OP calls NCL they will probably say "you cannot bring any wine on-board." The NCL reps usually won't disclose, or don't know about the corkage fee. I'm sure they won't know the difference between wine & port and sherry. :rolleyes:

I called NCL shortly before our last cruise a couple of weeks ago to ask the corkage fee on a 375ml bottle of Sauternes, and the NCL rep with whom I spoke was very clear that wine can be brought on board, and told me what the corkage fee was for different size bottles.

I called NCL shortly before our last cruise a couple of weeks ago to ask the corkage fee on a 375ml bottle of Sauternes, and the NCL rep with whom I spoke was very clear that wine can be brought on board, and told me what the corkage fee was for different size bottles.

That's excellent news! Perhaps the NCL Rep's are getting better training?

I can't tell you how many people have come on these boards in the past and said: "NCL says I can't bring wine on-board! At all! Is this true?"

I'm glad things are changing for the better.

ROFLMAO!

(I know you are trying to help, but....)

Archived