Westerdam-Wow, how beautiful!

heidik

I just did my first video tours of all of the public areas on the Westerdam -- how very beautiful and striking! I have only been on one cruise, Coral Princess - the Westerdam is more beautiful in my opinion.....the Pinnacle Grill is dazzling, isn't it? Is the reality as nice as the photos?

I thought the Westerdam to be quite beautiful. As all HAL ships, she has lovely art work about. I even found two pieces reminiscent of two I particularly like on the Noordam.

The show lounge was particurlarly attractive, I thought. I found the Pinnacle to be a relaxing, elegant place to dine. The passageways were interesting, as were the elevator foyers.

Check out the ceiling in the Card Rooms.

Hi- In my review (here on CC) I said the Westerdam is a work of art within a work of art. We had been on the beautiful QEII and felt the Westerdam was as beautiful in a more modern sense. I found myself taking photos of lampshades, as well as artwork!

sparky-elpaso, Cruise Critic is the one place you can be assured that your cruise pictures will be appreciated. Thanks for the preview of coming attractions.

Thanks, everyone. Getting good photos with such a lovely subject as the Westerdam is easy to do. We really enjoyed our cruise.

I just did my first video tours of all of the public areas on the Westerdam -- how very beautiful and striking! I have only been on one cruise, Coral Princess - the Westerdam is more beautiful in my opinion.....the Pinnacle Grill is dazzling, isn't it? Is the reality as nice as the photos?

We had one of our best cruises on her. She seems to get overlooked in favor of Noordam, or the newest ships, or the smaller ships. Right now I would say her dining room is my favorite. I love the blue, green, purple scheme/ceiling.

I have never been on Princess but always heard that Coral Princess had a loyal following. I was looking into her a few years ago for a full Panama Canal transit but we will be going on HAL/Veendam.

Regarding Westerdam, my recollection has always been that she has one of the best art collections of any ship. I love the ship in the atrium, a shadow box with art work titled "The Bait", and the tiles behind the front desk.

We had one of our best cruises on her. She seems to get overlooked in favor of Noordam, or the newest ships, or the smaller ships. Right now I would say her dining room is my favorite. I love the blue, green, purple scheme/ceiling.

I have never been on Princess but always heard that Coral Princess had a loyal following. I was looking into her a few years ago for a full Panama Canal transit but we will be going on HAL/Veendam.

Regarding Westerdam, my recollection has always been that she has one of the best art collections of any ship. I love the ship in the atrium, a shadow box with art work titled "The Bait", and the tiles behind the front desk.

I've enjoyed this thread! We sailed on the Coral Princess in Alaska and on the Noordam through the Eastern Mediterranean and loved both of them. We are booked on the Westerdam to the Southern Caribbean in March, and are very excited about it.

Of the Vistas, Noordam is definitely our favorite :) but we we very much like Westerdam. For some strange reason, I didn't expect her to be so beautiful and it was a pleasant surprise. We'd sail her again happily.

I was only on her once and thought she was nicer than the Zuiderdam or the OOSTERDAM.

I still have to try the Noordam. As many who follow my posts know I prefer the R class ships but must admit I reallly liked the Eurodam and I am looking forward to the Nieuw Amsterdam in a few months.

We've sailed Westerdam twice (once prior to the retrofit drydock and once afterward) and Eurodam once. We loved both ships and are looking forward to sailing Westerdam again in April. We're anxious to see what was done during the most recent drydock (other than the addition of Canaletto).

Thank you very much for your pictures. We sail on the Westerdam next week, same destinations. We've sailed the Westerdam 3 times but not since her drydock. I'm anxious to see the changes. This is my favorite ship as can notice from our cruises.:)

Archived