My head is spinning (need hotel recommendations)

ljandiernp

Hi, I need a Fort Lauderdale hotel for one night precruise in February. I'd like to be near the beach and interesting local restaurants and I'd like to pay less than $150.00 for the night. I am interested in any suggestions for places that you have stayed. I am frustrated by reading reviews at Trip Advisor that are either very poor or very great for the same location within the same 2-3 month time period right up to October 2010. It isn't posible for them to be one extreme or the other, some of them have to be in the middle! Two in particular are the Avalon and the Cocobelle (the latter does get better reviews). Thanks in advance, Laurie

• 1 month later...

The Cocobelle may already be full for Feb. I booked our April 2011 rezzie back in Dec of 2009 and at that time they were nearly sold out.

Hi, I need a Fort Lauderdale hotel for one night precruise in February. I'd like to be near the beach and interesting local restaurants and I'd like to pay less than $150.00 for the night. I am interested in any suggestions for places that you have stayed. I am frustrated by reading reviews at Trip Advisor that are either very poor or very great for the same location within the same 2-3 month time period right up to October 2010. It isn't posible for them to be one extreme or the other, some of them have to be in the middle! Two in particular are the Avalon and the Cocobelle (the latter does get better reviews). Thanks in advance, Laurie

February is peak month in peak season. $150 is going to be tough for an off the beach hotel.

Ditto with eandj's advice and go to www.Sunny.org and look for Small Superior Lodgings on Hollywood Beach and Lauderdale-By-The-Sea. You'll need a car but can walk to many restaurants and attractions at either place.

Laurie,

On December 23, I booked 2 rooms at the Courtyard Marriott Airport/Cruise Port for February 7 for $79.00--yes, $79.00--on Priceline. It was a conventional booking, not a bidding, AND I can cancel up to February 6 with no penalty. Because the rate seemed too good to be true, I checked again on December 24 and the rate remained available. We stayed at the Courtyard last December pre-cruise. It offers an excellent, complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and the cruise port. The shuttle to the cruise port seemed very well organized and the driver was very helpful and cheerful. The only downside is that there is not much within walking distance of the hotel. However, in this case, the price more than makes up for that minor inconvenience. Hope this helps!

Hi all, I can't believe I am still getting replies; you are all terrific for your concern. I ended up at the Riverside Hotel downtown on Los Olas Blvd. This will be a great location for this trip because there are a lot of dinner options close by; one concern that I had for the botique places at the beach was the walking distance for a meal when we will be arriving at the hotel at 8 PM or after and probably famished. We have so little time there that I think this is a good choice and I got a great price on a Priceline bid. Hope everyone has a happy, peaceful, and prosperous new year, and happy cruising! Laurie

Laurie-

I would suggest the Extended Stay America,1450 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale - (954) 761-9055. It is just a few blocks from port, near shops, restaurants,

food and drug stores,Etc. The beach is just over the bridge and around the bend. Its cheaper and more enjoyable to take a water taxi from one of the pier pick ups and get to a beach drop off a block from the beach! If this hotel does not appeal to you look for ones on 17th Street Causeway, as that is the main drag to the port and everything you need. And watch out for the cabbies, they are slick! They try to act like they don't speak englich, but they understand!! Just be firm with them and you'll be fine! Good luck from native Ft. Lauderdaleian!!!

Hi all, I can't believe I am still getting replies; you are all terrific for your concern. I ended up at the Riverside Hotel downtown on Los Olas Blvd. This will be a great location for this trip because there are a lot of dinner options close by; one concern that I had for the botique places at the beach was the walking distance for a meal when we will be arriving at the hotel at 8 PM or after and probably famished. We have so little time there that I think this is a good choice and I got a great price on a Priceline bid. Hope everyone has a happy, peaceful, and prosperous new year, and happy cruising! Laurie

Laurie-

You will enjoy the Riverside and the Las Olas area. But to get to the beach you would need to take a cab ride just down Las Olas about 1.5 miles. Do remember that you can go

to the beach boutiques in the AM before your cruise if you were going to get souveniers for friends or family. And a great place for breakfast/lunch/dinner on Las Olas is the Floridian,as theyare open 24/7!! Enjoy your cruise and I hope the weather warms up for ya!

Enjoy Fort Lauderdale and have a great cruise !! :)

Archived