Surprisingly...yet three more MDR questions.

drfun48

While most topics have been covered re MDR protocol,I've searched and not found the answers to these covered.

1) Since dessert is my favorite and appetizers my least favorite,can I request that my meal be served in reverse order ?

2) I love the taste of wine, but often get sick from too much consumption of alcohol,especially at sea. Would it be possible for me to taste my wines and expectorate into a spit bucket which I would bring with me to the MDR ?

3)My dear wife suffers from severe acid reflux. Strangely enough ,the only thing to settle her tummy is the sounds of loud bluegrass banjo music ! Do you think Celebrity would allow me to bring my banjo to dinner to help soothe the poor woman ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer any, or all of these questions.

1. If you don't like appetizers and want dessert first, just order all deserts and don't waste the time on even the entree.

2. Don't spit it out - just have the wine steward bring the glass of wine over to my table after you sipped it. I'm sure the taste of the wine after one sip would suffice for the entire dinner.

3. I'm afraid in this situation, acid reflux is contagious and is carried airborne by the sound of banjo music - I can attest to this by my reaction to banjo music during dinner - I had to make an immediate exit to the mens room due to a very upset stomach. Just bring CD's cut by Billy Rae Bob and the Horny Toad Plunkers and play them for your wife wearing ear phones.

Denny

While most topics have been covered re MDR protocol,I've searched and not found the answers to these covered.

1) Since dessert is my favorite and appetizers my least favorite,can I request that my meal be served in reverse order ?

2) I love the taste of wine, but often get sick from too much consumption of alcohol,especially at sea. Would it be possible for me to taste my wines and expectorate into a spit bucket which I would bring with me to the MDR ?

3)My dear wife suffers from severe acid reflux. Strangely enough ,the only thing to settle her tummy is the sounds of loud bluegrass banjo music ! Do you think Celebrity would allow me to bring my banjo to dinner to help soothe the poor woman ?

Yes

Yes

Yes

I'm afraid my first post was very subjective and I was only thinking of myself and not how you could fully enjoy your cruise by meeting your needs, so here is my more thoughtful response:

1. Yes, but they will only bring your dessert when they bring everyone else's so your entree will be left in the corner until after all the desserts are served and then what's left of it after drying completely out will be brought to you since you want dessert first.

2. Since my original response would only allow you to only get one sip per dinner, you can still do this but just bring your spittoon with you, leave it in the mens room outside the MDR and then each time you sip your wine, hold it in your mouth, run to the bathroom and 'expectorate' there.

3. Holy Mother of God, please no!!!

Denny

1. If you don't like appetizers and want dessert first, just order all deserts and don't waste the time on even the entree.

2. Don't spit it out - just have the wine steward bring the glass of wine over to my table after you sipped it. I'm sure the taste of the wine after one sip would suffice for the entire dinner.

3. I'm afraid in this situation, acid reflux is contagious and is carried airborne by the sound of banjo music - I can attest to this by my reaction to banjo music during dinner - I had to make an immediate exit to the mens room due to a very upset stomach. Just bring CD's cut by Billy Rae Bob and the Horny Toad Plunkers and play them for your wife wearing ear phones.

Denny

Horny Toad Pluckers?????? Oh my word! I guess I'm really behind the times!:eek:

Mary

To

drfun48--In the movie Dirty Rotten Scroundels there is a scene where Steve Martins character supposedly a dimwit is at the dinner table and asks Michael Cane whether he can go to the bathroom.Michael Cane says

yes--there is a pause and steve Martin sits at the dinner table and smiles--if we sit at the same table at the mdr I promise to ask to ask your permission

Ok I am really confused with this, what if:

The waiter who is serving your dessert first, also happens to be playing the banjo but is suffering from severe acid reflux due to the spitting out of the wine in between the songs.

Would this affect his tip, or would the OBC cover this, or can I use the money that i had put aside for room service. but wait that was lost in the laundry bag that I turned in with a coupon that came with the membership I had for going crabbing in the bering sea. But I told the porter on the doc, that I was going to bring on board for my consumption, 12 cases of water, 6 cases of soda, and I would have all my booze put in the little plastic bottles. I plan to board early so I can eat in the buffet, dining room, hamburgers, and two other restarurants, (all this before most of the folks get on board). Since I was singing to the banjo, I tore my tux jacket but that is ok as I was wearing shorts in the MDR but only after selecting my choice who cares what time I eat it is all about the food dining.

Whew

Pete

To

drfun48--In the movie Dirty Rotten Scroundels there is a scene where Steve Martins character supposedly a dimwit is at the dinner table and asks Michael Cane whether he can go to the bathroom.Michael Cane says

yes--there is a pause and steve Martin sits at the dinner table and smiles--if we sit at the same table at the mdr I promise to ask to ask your permission

If you do I'm sure to tell you where you can go. ;)

"oh my word", this thread has made me laugh out loud!! More, please!

Billy Rae Bob and the Horny Toad Plunkers??? Sounds like I am indeed missing out on hearing them!

Oh my goodness !!!;);) A kindred spirit!:D Except I know I'm not missing out hearing them.

Mary

Archived