Liberty Halloween Review

My toenails and fingers were orange and black for halloween. My attempt at being festive.

When I go on a Freedom class ship again or when I try a Voyager class I wouldn't hesitate to book a promenade room again if the price is right. I definitely picked a good location, not too much noise at night down on the end I was near.

When I booked it was only $15 per person more than the basic inside room. When I just priced a PR cabin for next year it was $75 per person more. We cruise in a cheap cabin so we can cruise more often and do lots of excursions.

We weren't going to go on the last night either but figured if it was the same guy we'd leave.

Yeah, we ended up taking our time at dinner then did Karaoke. We had a group of 9 so that's always entertaining. Nice pic of Quest up there too. I remember y'alls guy doing the handstand. I was the big guy on the other end that was part of getting our team 17 points. I'm so ashamed :D

Yeah, we ended up taking our time at dinner then did Karaoke. We had a group of 9 so that's always entertaining. Nice pic of Quest up there too. I remember y'alls guy doing the handstand. I was the big guy on the other end that was part of getting our team 17 points. I'm so ashamed :D

That was awesome, don't be ashamed. It's all in good fun :)

I was on this cruise also. If you are going on the Liberty do not miss the ice show Encore. It was the best one I have seen. I think the show was offered 4 times. We tried to get in about 15 minutes before the show started - we could not get a seat. We came back for the later show and had no problem.

We loved the review. We will be going on this cruise Dec. 12 with some friends. My husband like the idea of the ATV tour. Did you book it through the ship? I have found an ATV tour that is $30 per person cheaper then the one the ship is offering. (The discription sounds very similar.)

We were scheduled to be with you, but when the earthquake hit Haiti we went there for 2 weeks so ate up our vacation time ( Both nurses and speak the language) Our cruising friends were with you Maureen and John. Did you meet them? One of our favs was Halloween on the Liberty! Thanks for your review!

We loved the review. We will be going on this cruise Dec. 12 with some friends. My husband like the idea of the ATV tour. Did you book it through the ship? I have found an ATV tour that is $30 per person cheaper then the one the ship is offering. (The discription sounds very similar.)

We almost always book through the ship for one reason- we don't want to be left behind in another country. It depends on the excursion though, we felt that this one had a chance of coming back late or getting tied up somewhere. It turns out one of the people in our group went flying off the road and into a ditch. Had she been seriously hurt it could have caused a major delay, thankfully she was okay other than some scrapes and bruises and she continued on the tour.

I did check out the other vendors that offer excursions and found many of them to be MORE expensive for the case of the ATV tour. If you found one for cheaper go for it. We thought it was one of the best excursions we'd ever done along with White Water rafting in Costa Rica & an Off Road Jeep Safari in Aruba.

Run Down...

The cabin- loved having a PR cabin with the window seat. It was very convenient to everything on the ship. Deck 7 is right around the middle so it was never to many flights of stairs to our next destination. We don't use elevators in an effort to combat weight gain from eating. Other than noisy door-slamming neighbors it was a great room.

Cruise Director Mike- I didn't realize he would be the CD. We had never sailed with him before but certainly glad we got to experience him. I really enjoyed that he held events we'd never seen on a cruise- Jeopardy, Family Feud, the debut of the Roman Fountains etc. He always seemed to add some extra effort even if he couldn't be at an event. He didn't seem like the typical cruise director from my experience and that was refreshing!

Crown & Anchor- As a newly minted Platinum member I was very pleased with everything. I liked having a second welcome Back Party. I DO use the coupons- free drinks were especially nice. Every night we received something in our stateroom whether it was an event invite, our Platinum pins, thank you letters, etc. I understand that these are little things that don't matter to most people, but we liked them and made us feel a little bit special. The priority debarkation lounge was convenient- although I didn't want to get off the ship!!!

Windjammer- We try to avoid this place because it always seems like they are giving away diamonds! We obviously had to eat there for some lunches & breakfasts. I don't really understand the concept of Jade. It's just another buffet table with somewhat Asian food, but it wasn't unique we'd had some of that food on other ships mixed in with the regular selections. I wish there were other breakfast options onboard. Room service & windjammer get old. I like that they are adding some venues to Radiance, maybe they can add Park Cafe to more ships. We loved that one on Oasis.

My Time Dining- We had MTD as we did on our last 3 ships. We had no issues. Quick service. They remembered our drink & bread preferences every night. We were in and out in about an hour every night. Had a great waiter and Asst Waiter. Osban & Cemil kept us giggling. We ran into Cemil a few times at breakfast and he looked pretty rugged. After talking to him he told us that he only sleeps about an hour each night. :eek: We found out there are some crazy crew parties every night. He told us he never wants to leave the Liberty because this crew is fun.

Entertainment- We went to one Encore Ice Skating show and one production show, Ever After. It was an interesting take on children's stories. The performers are excellent. The first comedian was downright awful, the second guy was great. One thing we noticed was that a lot of the night events didn't start until 10 or 11. I guess they schedule it around late seating because we'd be done with dinner at 7 and have nothing to do for 3-4 hours. So many times we'd fall asleep by the time anything was happening onboard for the night. Or maybe we're just getting old?!?

Staff/Crew- Everyone was very friendly (other than Flowrider guy). Every crew member we passed greeted us with a smile. Very helpful at all times.

Day 3- At Sea

Arrived back at the room after exploring and found that I received my Platinum member pin. It had my name on the back of the paper. DH was a little sad he didn’t get one.

some point.

Came back to the room and found DH's Platinum Pin waiting with our elephant and tomorrow's Cruise Compass!

Did this cruise make you platinum or previous one? I'm curious as to see if we get ours this time. We have 4 cruise credits, but are staying in a JS on our cruise next week which means we will have 6 when we are done. Nice pictures so far.

Thanks for your review on Liberty. It looks like you had a great time. We are getting ready for our Nov 28 sailing! Did you go to Chops Grill? Also, did they offer breakfast at Johnny Rockets? Also, can you elaborate on the menu at Sorrentos at different times of the day? Thanks

We sailed as Platinum on our 6th cruise. My 5th cruise I was still Gold.

Johnny Rockets does not serve breakfast on the Liberty unfortunately. :mad: I went there one day to ask if they did and they woman looked at me with a very confused look and said "No, just this menu" and pointed to the lunch/dinner. We enjoyed the JR breakfasts on Oasis.

We didn't do any specialty restaurants either. I am not much of a steak person so Chops wasn't something for us. I do want to try Portofino some day though because I love Italian food.

Sorrento's menu didn't seem to change. They always had apps- olives, red peppers, mozzarella, bread, etc. There were always 5 different pizzas- cheese, pepperoni, sausage, and then special ones every few days like chorizo pizza and one that I always forget the name of until I see it but it has peppers, pesto and other stuff on it.

Thanks for your review. We sailed on her in September 2007 and the Liberty is one of our favorite ships. I am sailing on her again in just under three weeks.

We had a promenade cabin mid ship on Deck 7 as well which we loved. This time I have a promenade on deck 6 at the front near the steps and elevator. I do have concerns about noise but I got the last promenade cabin and had no choice of location.

Finally got around to reading through your review. It's neat to see what someone else got from the same vacation. I'm glad we weren't the only ones who couldn't stand the first comedian, haha. Your ATV excursion sounds pretty awesome. I think that's something we'll look into soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived