How Fun Would A Web Cam be tomorrow?

sail7seas

Oasis of the Sea and Maasdam will share Crown Bay in St. Thomas tomorrow.

The beautiful Maasdam will look like a teeny, tiny little vessel next to that behemouth.

A web cam view would be so much fun. :D

I agree with you Jim ---- I would visit those sites often, if they existed, especially in the preparatory stages leading up to my annual cruise, when I start to obcess about all the stops, as the sail date approaches!! :p (Much as I am doing now for my cruise this January!!)

It would be nice if every cruise port ... at least the major ones ... had a webcam. It's fun to go see ships in port. Don't know why, but it's interesting to me.

I was having fun yesterday with the port everglades webcam that actually lets the user control it. I zeroed in on ms Nieuw Amsterdam and looked at what was my verandah back on 10/6 hehe. It's fun to see the ships in port.

Venice would be fun, as the ships make venice look so small.

It would be nice if every cruise port ... at least the major ones ... had a webcam. It's fun to go see ships in port. Don't know why, but it's interesting to me.
I found a few in St Thomas, but none that show Crown Bay.

www.kroooz-cams.com has a lot of port cams, as well as many ship-based cams that sometimes suffice.

The beautiful Maasdam will look like a teeny, tiny little vessel next to that behemouth.

On PortFever.com, we have a 7-day running archive from the Skyride to Paradise Point webcam on St. Thomas. Their camera does a circular tour of view points including Crown Bay. We don't catch everything but save an image every minute and some of those will include Crown Bay. Best thing is, if you miss something you can check the archive anytime in the next 7 days.

Our main role is an archive site for the Port Everglades Webcam, also mentioned in a previous post.

Sample image from our St. Thomas webcam archive included below. Look for the "St. Thomas" link under WEBCAMS in our Nav Menu. Enjoy!

David.

www.portfever.com

20101029_Sunset_2.jpg

This is the view from the Port Everglades Webcam from this past Saturday. The depth perception appears to make Oasis look smaller than Navigator. The other ships in view are Eurodam & Freedom. Hopefully, we'll get to see Oasis and Allure side by side at some point this season!

www.PortFever.com will be joining us in co-broadcasting the arrival of Allure of the Seas "Live" on Thursday morning. It's an event you don't want to miss if you like watching Port Webcams!

Allure of the Seas Arrival Photos will also be posted on www.InletPhotos.com

Enjoy!

Lou

www.PortEvergladesWebcam.com

PortEvergladesWebcamView11-6-2010-web.jpg

I wish HAL had bridgecams like Princess does. It's fun to see where the ships are docked and what the weather looks like.

That's just what I was going to say. They already have the bridgecams, all they have to do is upload them to the 'net. Most of the cruiselines have at least some. Some are fantastic, like those of Crystal. You can do a 'virtual cruise' just by watching.

This is the view from the Port Everglades Webcam from this past Saturday. The depth perception appears to make Oasis look smaller than Navigator. The other ships in view are Eurodam & Freedom. Hopefully, we'll get to see Oasis and Allure side by side at some point this season!

www.PortFever.com will be joining us in co-broadcasting the arrival of Allure of the Seas "Live" on Thursday morning. It's an event you don't want to miss if you like watching Port Webcams!

Allure of the Seas Arrival Photos will also be posted on www.InletPhotos.com

Enjoy!

Lou

PortEvergladesWebcamView11-6-2010-web.jpg

Thanks Lou icon14.gif :)

Looks like it was a very wet and gray day on St. Thomas but here's a PortFever archive capture of Oasis next to the Maasdam (I think) :

20101109_OasisMaasdamStThomas_1.jpg

... and the Maasdam passing behind Oasis when it left St. Thomas. This time from our Oasis of the Seas webcam archive. Top deck suites about at the same level as the lowest inward-facing staterooms on Oasis!!

20101109_OasisMaasdamStThomas_2.jpg

Also noticed this seaplane about to take off...

20101109_Seaplane_1.jpg

David and Lou, many thanks to both of you for providing all the great web cam shots of our favorite ships :)

That is a great picture today of the Oasis with the Massdam :D

Hi Lisa!

You're very welcome! The best is yet to come...

Enjoy our "LIVE" coverage of Allure's arrival!

Lou

Archived