Are AFT balconies windy ?

jdybnsn

We have our first center Aft balcony cabin this coming February. The advantage, to me, is that is it so far back and you have so much walking to do is that you won't have to go to the gym :p every morning.

As to the windy, in my opinion, I would say no since the front of the ship is the part that gets all the head winds.

Nope not windy at all. Some ships have amazing aft balconies, the Celebrity M-Class aft's can't be beat!!

That is a true statement. Celebrity M class ships are wonderful. Never windy. Also been on RCCL ships and they are also not windy. Love those aft cabins.

Laura

Not windy at all.....we had one on a transatlantic cruise....totally sheltered!

In fact, one day it was raining, and we were sitting on the balcony, completely sheltered from the rain too!!:)

No--in fact, if the balcony is getting sun, it can be uncomfortably hot, depending on where you're sailing.

Concur

had a way upper aft balc on FOS this May. On the very pleasent sea days the aft balc is in the "lee" to use a nautical term and is so protected it gets no breeze at all. The sun plus the still air makes for a pretty warm sitting area and this from one who lives in Florida! We did sit out there and read for an entire afternoon but it was a sauna! (pretty good place to dry dive gear tho)

Also note that aft balc's can be staggerd such that the one abouve you looks right down into yours.... We were on top and could see into the balc's several decks below . . . :o . Check your ship's layout b4 you .... well b4 U . . .

aft wrap on Carnival Victory was very windy but that particular port we were told was always windy. I think the wraps you are always going to have more wind than the regular afts.

corner aft on NCL Pearl in Alaska was fabulous. You could look around to the side but it was sheltered from the wind.

Yes, check the deck plans carefully. On HAL and CCL we could see down on other aft balconys and people above could see us. NCL is not that staggered, would really have to strain to see below or above

Archived