Christmas on Carnival

Rosebud5t

Tell me about Christmas on a Carnival cruise....

What do they do (if anything) differently? Are the ships decorated for Christmas? Are there special programs/events/etc? What kind of crowd is it on a Christmas cruise? More or fewer families? Anything that you can think of that makes it better/worse/different from any other sailing???

Thanks for your insight! :)

We boarded on Christmas Day and were offered glasses of champagne.

The ship was decorated with many Christmas trees and garland.

They had a Christmas Program late one afternnon that included the singers and dancers in holiday costumes and children from Camp Carnival. Oh yes, and Santa, too!

Loved it. Champagne upon boarding, lots of decorations, christmas music over the PA, carol sing on Christmas eve, turkey dinner christmas day, egg nog. Lots of big extended family groups from grandparents to babes in arms.

We will be sailing the week before christmas week. We like to be home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. They do have the ship decorated even the week before but that is about it. I on the other hand make sure all our cabin doors are decorated with the "holiday" clings! For two reasons, first so we can get in the Christmas spirit and two so we can find our cabins easily LOL!! I usually hang small stockings in the rooms as well and each the night before we go on an excursion I put the info about it in the stocking (like a present) . since we take the kids every year and the cruise is their Christmas present. We have 8 kids (now 20 to 32) and not all of them can always come but usually we get most of them to join us (and now their significant others, wifes , or good friends come too) we have even convinced other family members (aunts uncles and cousins to join in every year). We always have a GREAT time! Beats presents under the tree anytime!:D

Archived