Allure on the Today show

Gotta say it. NBC and The Today Show have once again proven why they are number 1! They have completely destroyed ABC's 2 hour Good Morning America broadcast in 20 minutes! So far I've heard tons of Allure of the Seas but never an Allure ON the Seas as GMA thought Oasis was. They have also done a great job of doing all their usual segments in a cruise theme live onboard as well as showing off the ship. That is what made the Freedom broadcast so good (the entire 3 hour show live in the middle of the hudson river) while GMA just broadcast from their studio with an occasional quick jump down to the Oasis to look at something.

Glad I read this post:) I had the DVR set for 7-10am but just checked my listings and for those in the eastern time zone it is on at 11am. The description actually says "broadcast from a cruise ship' Enjoy everyone :)

We don't get it until 11am either since they air Regis and Kelly at 9 in the middle of the 4hrs of the Today show. I have recorded all 4 hours for the last two days just in case they showed anything though.:D

We don't get it until 11am either since they air Regis and Kelly at 9 in the middle of the 4hrs of the Today show. I have recorded all 4 hours for the last two days just in case they showed anything though.:D

My local station does the same thing.

Gotta say it. NBC and The Today Show have once again proven why they are number 1! They have completely destroyed ABC's 2 hour Good Morning America broadcast in 20 minutes! So far I've heard tons of Allure of the Seas but never an Allure ON the Seas as GMA thought Oasis was. They have also done a great job of doing all their usual segments in a cruise theme live onboard as well as showing off the ship. That is what made the Freedom broadcast so good (the entire 3 hour show live in the middle of the hudson river) while GMA just broadcast from their studio with an occasional quick jump down to the Oasis to look at something.

Good to hear this..thanks for a sneak peak :)

will look forward to it this evening. I agree about last year's Oasis broadcast and loved the Feedom one NBC did

I am stuck at work. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can see a this later? I forgot to set the DVR this morning. I didi not know if NBC would archive the show, if HULU had it, or if it is somewhere on Cruise Critic.

NBC doesn't put the Today Show on Hulu as far as I know but they go insane with clips on msnbc.com's video system. They put nearly (if not) every segment up as clips that can be viewed on demand as well as many times some special behind the scenes clips. If you go to http://today.msnbc.com you may be able to find it. I often watch for the @TodayShow twitter account to post links to videos and then use the related list to find the other ones.

BTW your going to want to watch till the last minute (or should I say 5!) when they broadcast more of something than I though they would be willing to do on TV.

I dont know about you but this ship and the oasis just seem to be to big. I really like the back of the ship with the aqua show but thats about it. I dont feel like i was actually on a bout but instead in a city street. just because its the largest doesnt mean the best. I think some smaller ships have been a better cruise. Cool ideas but not a fan of the cut out middle. Rate a 6.5 out of 10.

I understand your concerns. Smaller ships have fewer distractions and shorter distances to travel between venue.

I like the big ships and rate the Oasis 10 out of 10.

Eventhough I will be booking the Allure I still see sailing on smaller ships in my future plans.

NBC doesn't put the Today Show on Hulu as far as I know but they go insane with clips on msnbc.com's video system. They put nearly (if not) every segment up as clips that can be viewed on demand as well as many times some special behind the scenes clips. If you go to http://today.msnbc.com you may be able to find it. I often watch for the @TodayShow twitter account to post links to videos and then use the related list to find the other ones.

BTW your going to want to watch till the last minute (or should I say 5!) when they broadcast more of something than I though they would be willing to do on TV.

Thanks for the tip! Now I am in anxious to see what they do!

I was disappointed by Kathy Lee and Hoda's show. I don't think they did a thorough job of highlighting all there is to offer on this ship. The things they showed were great, but they missed ALOT of other features!!!!

I was waiting to see a lot more activities... :(

I was, too. I wanted to see more of the bars, lounges, pools, solarium, even maybe a tour of an aquasuite! I could have cared less about the swimsuit modeling... and KLG must have something in her contract that says she can sing whenever she wants...:rolleyes:

Good Morning Everyone,

The Today Show is doing a fantastic job from the Allure, the best show I have ever seen, they should have done the Show from the Oasis last year also:cool::cool::cool:

Carol:)

I agree they could have shown more activities available on the ship and shown more of the neighborhoods. I'm glad they showed the zip line. I can't wait to do that again. Didn't need the segment on swimsuits but I guess they have to do that. Much better than GMA last year. The last five minutes were great. Can't wait to go on board in less than six weeks!!! Was able to view it up here in NY at 10am, but my mom talked to her friend in Ocala, Fl and the regular today show was on at that time. Hmmm, wonder why?

I liked the fact that they broadcast the whole hour from the ship, but I would have liked to see more of the ship highlighted with explanations. In their fantasy and activity bits, they walked through a lot of the ship, but unless you were up on the features of the ship you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

I dont know about you but this ship and the oasis just seem to be to big. I really like the back of the ship with the aqua show but thats about it. I dont feel like i was actually on a bout but instead in a city street. just because its the largest doesnt mean the best. I think some smaller ships have been a better cruise. Cool ideas but not a fan of the cut out middle. Rate a 6.5 out of 10.

The best is up to each individual but I can tell that you the Oasis and Allure will best anything that the competition currently has out there. To each his/her own I guess.

I liked the fact that they broadcast the whole hour from the ship, but I would have liked to see more of the ship highlighted with explanations. In their fantasy and activity bits, they walked through a lot of the ship, but unless you were up on the features of the ship you wouldn't know what you were looking at.

I agree with you they should have shown more of the ship but with only one hour I thought they did a good job:cool:

We did not need the bathing suit show as they could have used that time for somewhere else on the ship:D

I am stuck at work. Does anyone know if there is a way that I can see a this later? I forgot to set the DVR this morning. I didi not know if NBC would archive the show, if HULU had it, or if it is somewhere on Cruise Critic.

Heres the link your looking for.http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40274453#40274453

OMG! Oprah gave away a 7 day cruise on the Allure today:cool: Wish I was there:eek:

RCI sure has had a lot of good publicity on this ship within the last week. That coupled with a better share price over Carnivore on the stock price must have Richard and Adam smiling. Wonder if Carnivore should have invited Kathy and Hoda aboard the Splendor last week??????;)

RCI sure has had a lot of good publicity on this ship within the last week. That coupled with a better share price over Carnivore on the stock price must have Richard and Adam smiling. Wonder if Carnivore should have invited Kathy and Hoda aboard the Splendor last week??????;)

Gordon, Kathy & Hoda on the Splendor, that would have been to funny, things going through my mind on that one is making me laugh:D

Archived