Got an E-mail from the Upgrade Fairy!

510picker

Got an e-mail today offering an upsell from our inside cabin to a verandah cabin for $99/person for our 10 day Noordam cruise leaving this Saturday. Got a little excited, but then reality hit me because I require a wheelchair accessible room. I figured the chances of an accessible verandah room still being available were slim to none, but sure enough there was one left. We upgraded from I-8037 to VA-8032 for $99/person.

Thank you Holland America!!

Got an e-mail today offering an upsell from our inside cabin to a verandah cabin for $99/person for our 10 day Noordam cruise leaving this Saturday. Got a little excited, but then reality hit me because I require a wheelchair accessible room. I figured the chances of an accessible verandah room still being available were slim to none, but sure enough there was one left. We upgraded from I-8037 to VA-8032 for $99/person.

Congrats on your upgrade. Be warned though - once you sail with a veranda, you will never want to go back! I'm convinced that's why HAL does it. I only know it worked with us. One upgrade to a veranda is all it took.

How great is that!!!

We require a HC cabin also, and last year we were able to get an upsell to a HC suite.

We counted ourselves as blessed ... because we know how hard it is to find HC cabins available -- even a year in advance!

Have a great time! :)

Congrats on your upgrade. Be warned though - once you sail with a veranda, you will never want to go back! I'm convinced that's why HAL does it. I only know it worked with us. One upgrade to a veranda is all it took.

This will be our 4th HAL cruise and our second with a verandah. I was 50/50 on taking the offer because the true accessibilty of last verandah (Westerdam) wasn't the greatest. The high threshold made it difficult to get the wheelchair onto the verandah. I hope this one is better, but if not just having the sun light and hearing the sounds made it worthwhile to us.

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Joanie

Congrats 510: Enjoy your cruise and angled balcony. That is a good deal.:D

Got an e-mail today offering an upsell from our inside cabin to a verandah cabin for $99/person for our 10 day Noordam cruise leaving this Saturday.

That is a great deal! When my brother wanted to change from an outside cabin to a Verandah, for a 15 day Panama Canal cruise, the cost was $800/person.

Have a great cruise and lots of sunshine from your verandah.

Archived