Can you imagine the next Splendor "Member Reviews" after our CC cruisers return?

manmtnmike

I'm just guessing, ......but it's a good bet that the Carnival Splendor's approval ratings are gonna "free fall" like incumbent politicans in the last election:rolleyes:

What do you think about the next Splendor "Member Reviews" after our CC bros/sis' return?

Just hoping all stay healthy in their return to port.

Mike

I think it all depends on how the Carnival crew handles the situation and the passangers. If they are understanding, patient, and doing all they can to make a bad situation better, I think the majority of cruisers will understand that this was beyond Carnival's control. If Carnival employees are rude and not caring, then there will be some pretty horrible reviews.

Of course there will be those who no matter what are going to complain and slam Carnival no matter what happens.

We were only talking about the issue of reviews last night. Wonder what will be posted regarding this "cruise".

I feel so bad for everyone! Just a miserable situation that affects so many down the line.

I hope Carnival is handling things well. We all know their customer service is lacking overall.

Thank goodness no reports of injury! That's first and foremost. Then, how to move these folks off the ship? I'm sure what they're doing was the best scenario.

I'll be on my cruise next week and will miss most of the posts. Will check before leaving.

The way we all tweet and twitter I'm surprised someone hasn't called in an update, to an existing CC member. Seems to me Carnival has done all they can do for making up for this cruise, they are losing money, the passengers are eating spam and poptarts(is this what our air force eats?). I hope that those reviews are current members, not trolls who comes on and flame Carnival.

Of course there will be those who no matter what are going to complain and slam Carnival no matter what happens.

And in response to anyone who says this wasn't a great cruise, they will get several "well, a bad day on a cruise is better than a day at work!" If not that, "Why are you so negative? It was an adventure!" "Make lemonade out of lemons!" "I'd trade places with you in a minute because I'm a positive person and not a Nancy neghead like you!"

What I hope to read is that, no matter how horrible the perception of the cruiser, that they at least feel Carnival did everything they could to mitigate the situation. That's all anyone can really ask of them after the accident happened as they can't change history, they can only react to it.

The cheer leaders will cheer, the moaners will moan, and most people will

take the cruise for what it is - an adventure that has built memories for a life time!:D

There was apparently no loss of life or serious injuries. Beyond that all else is

a matter of perception!:D

Reaction to a act of God, Generator houseing cracked and started the fire.

Need to make sure I have a drink standing by for tomorrow afternoon when the news people start the stupid questions and hunt for the best bitcher they can find.

Ha ha, yeah, should be interesting.:)

I think it was a little over a year ago when the NCL Dawn lost all power and was adrift at sea. I bet there are a lot of reviews about that cruise. It will be an interesting comparison between NCL & CCL to see who made their guests feel better in a bad situation.

i know it will be a BIG conversation thread. maybe cc will make it a permanent one too inform other members of '' what to/not too do if it ever happens again ''. all i can say is the passengers expecting Primerib for dinner and now having too settle for Spam sandwich are probably really grumpy people. i would hate too be a crew member right now---ohhhh, i bet it is getting pretty ugly :(. but, i would try too make the best of it. say thank you for still being able too be on the ship instead of work and look forward too the next free cruise. and yes, i will still stick with carnival.

I have a feeling there will be a 50/50 mix of good and bad. Yes, some will slam Carnival despite Carnival going above and beyond what is necessary--paying for them to get home after getting off the ship.

I think we will see the first one Thursday afternoon or evening when the first passengers get home...they won't even unpack or talk to their pets they left behind, they'll log in and have a HUGE "How Carnival sucks" Splendor review....

I have a feeling there will be a 50/50 mix of good and bad. Yes, some will slam Carnival despite Carnival going above and beyond what is necessary--paying for them to get home after getting off the ship.

I think we will see the first one Thursday afternoon or evening when the first passengers get home...they won't even unpack or talk to their pets they left behind, they'll log in and have a HUGE "How Carnival sucks" Splendor review....

I don't think it necessarily follows that saying this cruise was horrible goes hand in hand with "slamming Carnival." It's very possible that Carnival can do the best they can under the circumstances yet still be unable to salvage a good experience for these people. It's not a matter of "Carnival sucks" as this particular cruise sucks. Kind of hard to get around that fact for many people.

I am looking forward to all the "1 post wonders".

I was thinking the same thing - an uptick in new members who see the website title "Cruise CRITIC" and think this is the place to criticize their cruise.

And even though this is an extremely helpful website, I'm not sure anyone on here would have much pre-cruise info to offer someone on board this particular sailing...."bring lots of Febreeze" perhaps? :p

Above and beyond:confused: I believe that was a Carnival necessity........Carnival may be cheap......but they certainly are not stupid:D I wouldn't expect anything less.....

Archived