Which Would You Choose? ES question...

starstruck05

Hi! I'm looking for opinions on which would you choose. Theres a price drop on my up coming Triumph cruise, using Pack and Go Rate, in which I could either take $40 obo each for me and my roommate or upgrade to an oceanview and take $10 OBO. We kind of are happy with our current room location since we moved bron an IS on Empress to and IS on Lido, concerened since Carnival will be choosing the room we may in up back on a lower deck. Not a big deal honestly but which would you choose? Theres also the other possibly that the upgrade fairy can bless us with an even better room.:D So what would you choose?

Since you said you could do this, I assume you checked, as you cant price match to a IS if you now have a assigned cabin on Lido deck.

I think OVs are only on bottom 2 decks, and I too would prefer the Lido.

Are you saying the told you that you could downgrade back to a IS gty.. if so this is the 2nd post Iv seen saying they were allowed this option. Could you confirm thats what they said?

Id take the OBC

I called carnival and they said its possible but theres no promise it will be approved. I tired using IL rate for price drop but since I wasn't upgraded to a higher catagory it was denied. I'm thinking is I don't upgrade it will be denied but If I take the Oceanview I'll be approve but stranger things have happened.

Hi! I'm looking for opinions on which would you choose. Theres a price drop on my up coming Triumph cruise, using Pack and Go Rate, in which I could either take $40 obo each for me and my roommate or upgrade to an oceanview and take $10 OBO. We kind of are happy with our current room location since we moved bron an IS on Empress to and IS on Lido, concerened since Carnival will be choosing the room we may in up back on a lower deck. Not a big deal honestly but which would you choose? Theres also the other possibly that the upgrade fairy can bless us with an even better room.:D So what would you choose?

You will probably get one of the two OV cabins I just gave up earlier today. My PVP told me that there were no more OV's left, so if that was true you will get cabin 2273 or 2275.

Iv only seen one post on CC that they were allowed to move downward on the gty category. Iv seen 9 saying they were denied. Unless you really are up for a battle, and depends on how you feel about having the window. .. but it probably would have been a battle since technically you cant downgrade with ES.

Good luck, hope you get a great cabin you love.

You will probably get one of the two OV cabins I just gave up earlier today. My PVP told me that there were no more OV's left, so if that was true you will get cabin 2273 or 2275.

I wouldn't mind either room. My friends are staying right above on upper deck so a quick run up and down for us to go back and forth.

Iv only seen one post on CC that they were allowed to move downward on the gty category. Iv seen 9 saying they were denied. Unless you really are up for a battle, and depends on how you feel about having the window. .. but it probably would have been a battle since technically you cant downgrade with ES.

Good luck, hope you get a great cabin you love.

Honestly I'll be happy just being on a ship. I havn't been on one in over a year and have been having withdrawls ever since! I'm ready to go NOW!!!

just to update guys, we got the OV room, TBA, and $10 OBC. Havn't told the bestie yet. I'll try and keep it a surprise since I'll be the one doing the funpasses. She won't know until we got onboard! Which is weird I'm trying to surprise her and its MY birthday cruise!

Well, small update, possibly related. We have 3 in a triple 4A, and there is a great 1A price, and I asked if I could pay the difference and move into two 1As, called upsell and some lady taking the place of my PVP, both said no.

Its a shame too, because no more quad 4As, and a ton of those 1As they cant sell on my sailing.

They said they are strict on the downgrading rule, it wouldnt be allowed .. no matter who I talk to.

Archived