Stranded Cruise Ship - Don't Change Your Plans!

whciv

By now, I am sure everyone has heard the news about the Carnival Splendor. An engine fire caused the Splendor to lose all power and propulsion basically stranding it in the ocean. Thankfully, the ship is being towed to a port as we speak and should be back November 11th.

I want to say one thing here... THIS IS AN EXTREMELY RARE EVENT!!! For all new cruisers out there, don't let this change your cruise plans! This is a very isolated and freak event. 99.999999% of cruises leave and return every day with no issues. Cruising is not only safe, but one of the most enjoyable vacations you and your family can take. Carnival is a very reputable line and is doing everything they can to make things right with the passengers on Splendor.

So....

TAKE YOUR CRUISES!

BOOK YOUR CRUISES!

HAVE FUN!

AND DON'T WORRY!

:):)

Smart-Travelers

http://www.*****

No plan to change me either, leaving Dec 5 on another Carnival ship. This was indeed an isolated event. It will, however, leave a thought in my mind that potential dangers exist. But, potential dangers occur every time you drive, fly, cross a street.

Those on the ship are so lucky to be stranded on that ship where their main problem is inconvenience, not a sinking in cold water like Titanic. Although uncomfortable with being hungry at times, but that's not a death sentence. No air conditioning, They could have been in the hot tropics mid summer, they were not.

Some on board will sue, I'm sure. Some were initially scared, as I would be, but then make the best of it. These people will have a cruise memory none of the rest of us will experience in our lifetime.

No plan to change me either, leaving Dec 5 on another Carnival ship. This was indeed an isolated event. It will, however, leave a thought in my mind that potential dangers exist. But, potential dangers occur every time you drive, fly, cross a street.

Those on the ship are so lucky to be stranded on that ship where their main problem is inconvenience, not a sinking in cold water like Titanic. Although uncomfortable with being hungry at times, but that's not a death sentence. No air conditioning, They could have been in the hot tropics mid summer, they were not.

Some on board will sue, I'm sure. Some were initially scared, as I would be, but then make the best of it. These people will have a cruise memory none of the rest of us will experience in our lifetime.

i am not changing my plans either I leave on Ecstasy January 8

We're in a hotel in FLL now.... about to leave on our 10-day cruise.

There's nothing in the world that would make me change our plans!!!:D

Stuff happens...... nobody was hurt, and all the passengers are getting a refund AND a free cruise..... not bad, for a couple of days' inconvenience!! I could think of worse places to be stranded than on a cruise ship!!!

But... you're right..... the litigations will start pouring in very soon!!

The real statics show that there have been two incidents of fire aboard cruise ships this year, including this Splendor event. The other was a small crew cabin fire that had no impact on the ship. In 2009 there were also two small incidents of fire and nothing in 2008.

Cruising is very safe and still one of the best overall vacation experiences. I suspect most all of the passengers of Splendor would tell you this won't change them from cruising.

By the way, why do these always seem to be Carnival cruise ships. Carnival is by far the largest cruise line in the world with 22 ships. They also own Princess Cruises who has 17 ships. Just a numbers statistic.

Smart-Travelers

http://www.*****

Carnival Corporation owns Carnival, Princess, HAL, Cunard and a number of other lines.

The recently had trouble with the Pacific Jewel (P&O Australia) which resulted in one or more cruises being canceled.

Two or three years ago there was a fire on the Royal Princess that also resulted in canceled cruises.

By........

o....

TAKE YOUR CRUISES!

BOOK YOUR CRUISES!

HAVE FUN!

AND DON'T WORRY!

:):)

Smart-Travelers

www.*****

Thank you but you are preaching to the choir. 99% of the people here at Crusie Critic know exactly what you just said.

The people we need to convince to give cruising another try are the first-time cruisers who were on the ill-fated Splendor cruise. Those are the folks I am afraid will never try cruising again.

I'm sure the media will blow this whole thing out of proportion... just like they do with most events. I've already seen a story on a major network saying cruising is unsafe. This is so untrue. I've actually had more issues with land vacation packages than I have ever with cruises.

The folks of Splendor should look at the bright side. No one was hurt. Everyone gets a FREE cruise. You have a memory you will never forget and can tell your grandkids. And some will even get 15 minutes of fame on the morning shows.

Cruising is the way to go.

Smart-Travelers

Archived