Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

We've just posted an update on the Carnival Splendor. For details please visit:http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=sp11072010

Just wanted to be sure you all have the lasted information. All future updates will be posted to the link above.

Thank you - Mischelle

I would do that, but my fiance isn't a huge disneyfan, unlike me :) Plus the fact that it is a week away from Christmas, Disneyland will so crowded. I use to have a season pass when I live in Los Angeles and Christmas is one of their busiest times. I'm just going to have to sit tight like everyone that has a cruise booked on the Splendor and hope that the damages weren't that bad. I've called a few hotels in the area to see what their availabity is for that day, but since it is right before Christmas, most are booked for holiday parties. Hope they have some updates with useful information about upcoming Splendor cruises soon!

I would do that, but my fiance isn't a huge disneyfan, unlike me :) Plus the fact that it is a week away from Christmas, Disneyland will so crowded. I use to have a season pass when I live in Los Angeles and Christmas is one of their busiest times. I'm just going to have to sit tight like everyone that has a cruise booked on the Splendor and hope that the damages weren't that bad. I've called a few hotels in the area to see what their availabity is for that day, but since it is right before Christmas, most are booked for holiday parties. Hope they have some updates with useful information about upcoming Splendor cruises soon!

Most likely you won't get any more helpful information for your particular cruise for a couple of days. At this point, the best thing for you to do would be to relax (I know easier said than done) and take a breath. If in a couple of days they don't have a definite answer about your wedding cruise, that's when it's time to start panicking. At this point, Carnival's biggest concern has to be the cruisers on this week's cruise and then next week's cruise. While your cruise (and wedding) is important, they've got to deal with the immediate issues first, then address everything else at a later date.

In case the bad does happen, and since Disney isn't an option, have you considered going a little farther afield? Vegas isn't that far a drive, neither is San Diego. Expand your horizons and you may end up with something special even if it wasn't what you originally planned.:)

Did you check out RCI & Mariner of the Seas.

If all else fails... What about Vegas? it is only about 4 hour drive... I am sure you could find some hotels there?

Looks like our cruise leaving on Sunday ain't looking too good!

the Mariner of the Seas departing this Sunday on the same itinerary from LA still has cabins available. I just checked out of curiosity and rates start at $571. Not bad considering how close to departure this is.

I would totally be jumping on that immediately instead of waiting around to see what Carnival is going to do...

In case the bad does happen, and since Disney isn't an option, have you considered going a little farther afield? Vegas isn't that far a drive, neither is San Diego. Expand your horizons and you may end up with something special even if it wasn't what you originally planned.:)

Hey Splendor Bride, these are very good suggestions. You could consider a winery. There are many beautiful ones in both Temecula and San Diego.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We live in the San Francisco Bay area. Worse case scenario, court house wedding with who ever can attend locally, then do a vow renewal on the ship in June or when ever all the kids/guests are available to go on the cruise (kids are all on different college schedules).

We shadowed Splendor on our Mariner cruise to avoid a storm. My heart goes out to those on board.

USGCC 722 should be in the area in about an hour. It went out of range of AIS (marinetraffic.com/ais) about 40 minutes ago. I tried to find an internet feed for marine radio but no luck.

Steve

Doubtful that the ship will be sailing this weekend..........I am sure Carnival will do all they can to make up for it. I can only imagine their disappointment....

My cousin's plans were two-fold. They are coming to SoCal, not just for the cruise, but to also attend a party for my Mom's 90th birthday on Saturday. Well...if they can't go on the cruise, at least they can spend some extra time with us.

Archived