Day tour deposits

cccruisin

Not comfortable giving deposits for 1/2 day tour in Barcelona. All other countries required no depos. Barcelona Day Tour is requiring a credit card deposit. Anyone use a company that did not require advance deposit??

I am going on a cruise out of Barcelona in March, and I just gave Barcelona Day Tours a deposit on a pickup at the ship, half day tour then drop off at our hotel. I have booked other European tours with tour companies in the past (even paying in full for the entire tour) without a problem.

Barcelona and Cairo were the only places I had to give deposits during my last cruise, but after reading all the good reviews here, I actually ended up paying Barcelona Day Tours in full up front so I wouldn't have to worry about it once there. They were wonderful. I don't remember finding anyone highly regarded who did not require a deposit in Barcelona, but maybe someone will chime in with a name.

Best,

Mia

You could hire a driver rather than a tour company.

When we were in Barcelona this past September we found a fantastic English speaking driver who took us from the ship for a private half day tour. He had a very new, well equipped van (6 passenger capacity if I remember correctly) with working seat belts (important to me). Since he is a limo company rather than a tour company, his rates were much better than all of the tour companies I looked into. I do not believe he requires any type of deposit (we found him when we were already in Barcelona)

Bernie Sagana is his name.

His email is bsagana@gmail.com and his cell # is 0034 637 411 348

Tell him that Monica and Chris send our regards.

Thank you to everyone for there helpful replies. It seems BDT does have a very good reputation. They have even extended our time a bit because part of our group is at a hotel near the airport and the others near Las Rambias. I will most probably stick with them but will look into the taxi person also. Thanx again....

Archived